Thread: HDD install - Set language/encoding permanently

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default HDD install - Set language/encoding permanently

Hi,

I've installed bt3 beta on my hdd. Everytime I boot it up the default encoding is US, so I have to change this little flag in the right corner everytime to my native language to have the right keyboard layout.

How can I permanently set this to my keyboard layout? I'm not talking about the kde language.

the only thing i did for my default language is to remove all the other languages you do not want/use in the list, unless you have done that already? but you didnt state so. Hope it helps

I removed all the other languages too, and made my "home lang" the only one there
    It has worked like a charm both in BT2 and BT3 And ofc custom keyboard layout
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

well you are not talking about kde language
    but it's the simplest

copy past this in a text file, set it executable, copy it in autostart(go/autostart)

dcop kxkb kxkb setLayout fr

the fr is for france for me
    could be de , or anything you want
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Omg shamanvirtuel is french! Viva le MaXe! (yes there's a city named MaXe in france :P )

I liked my guide better Don't come bully me with doing it with dcop..
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]