Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Win Terminal for connecting to *NIX

Default Best Win Terminal for connecting to *NIX

I've been using NetTerm, is there something better?
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by PeppersGhost View Post
    I've been using NetTerm, is there something better?
    Cygwin....
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Putty......
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Putty......

Really? I thought he was a Mechanic and Elaine's on again off again boyfriend.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post

Really? I thought he was a Mechanic and Elaine's on again off again boyfriend.
    LMAO!!!!...... David Putty
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

LMAO! That guy looks like he belonged in the Top Gun movie.

Id say Cygwin...although why not use VMWare and load BackTrack within windows? Ahh well, it all depends on what you want to achieve I suppose.

Just burned his ISO

I think putty is simple the best..

Developer

Muts uses Putty so thats all I need to know

Yes I have heard of these others and used them on occasion. NetTerm allows for storing long commands, often used commands, and even scripted commands in the quick buttons. This makes things move pretty quickly with one click, just like Windows. I guess what I ment to say is, do any of these other's offer such usability and/or similar. And dont school me on and/or logic because I've read you're argument and/or its wrong. I did a year and a half of digital logic.
    And no more Putty jokes, that dude is cool.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Quote Originally Posted by PeppersGhost View Post
    Yes I have heard of these others and used them on occasion. NetTerm allows for storing long commands, often used commands, and even scripted commands in the quick buttons. This makes things move pretty quickly with one click, just like Windows. I guess what I ment to say is, do any of these other's offer such usability and/or similar. And dont school me on and/or logic because I've read you're argument and/or its wrong. I did a year and a half of digital logic.
    And no more Putty jokes, that dude is cool.
    I used to use NetTerm when I was out in the field a lot and had to connect via serial or Telnet to lots of different equipment. Now most equipment has a webinterface so I haven't felt the need to use it as much. But I did really like it when I used it.

I use Cygwin on my WinXp machine now to SSH to my *nix Boxen. I only use telnet to connect to my cisco routers, and if I can't telnet to them, then I use the Cisco serial cable and hyperterm, since it's just a basic connection.

I'd say that Netterm is one of the best Win terminal programs because of it's flexibility to connect to multiple devices under multiple configurations.

Putty was cool because everytime they switched over to him he was just sitting on the couch with a blank stare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast