Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: BackTrack 2 Final Download Location

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO binaryblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4

    Question BackTrack 2 Final Download Location

    The new site is great, however, where do I find the ISO for BackTrack 2 Final? It was on the remote exploit site, however, I don't see it on the download page of the new site. Just asking...

    Thanks,

    Tom

    P.S. I wasn't sure what forum to post this on so I put it here. Sorry if it's mis-posted.

  2. #2
    Moderator theprez98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: BackTrack 2 Final Download Location

    Why do you want to download BackTrack 2? The older versions are no longer supported, by the way.

  3. #3
    Just burned his ISO binaryblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4

    Question Re: BackTrack 2 Final Download Location

    Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Why do you want to download BackTrack 2? The older versions are no longer supported, by the way.
    Because I want to install and work with all three versions (2, 3 and 4). Why do you ask? Does it matter? Just curious. And yes, I know it's no longer supported and that doesn't really matter to me. I'm just wondering why it was available on the remote exploit site (up until yesterday) and not available at all on the new site. So... you still haven't answered my question. Will it be available on the new site and if so when and where?

    Thanks again,

    Tom

  4. #4
    Developer muts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: BackTrack 2 Final Download Location

    No, we will not be hosting versions of Bt2.

  5. #5
    Just burned his ISO binaryblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4

    Cool Re: BackTrack 2 Final Download Location

    Quote Originally Posted by muts View Post
    No, we will not be hosting versions of Bt2.
    That's too bad. I would have really liked to have installed and worked with all three. Now I'll have to get it off of some questionable torrent. ;-) Actually, I noticed that a CD containing the BackTrack 2 Final release is included with the Syngress Pentester's Open Source Toolkit book. Maybe I'll just buy that. In any case, not a problem.

    Thanks anyway,

    Tom

  6. #6
    Moderator theprez98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: BackTrack 2 Final Download Location

    Quote Originally Posted by binaryblack View Post
    That's too bad. I would have really liked to have installed and worked with all three. Now I'll have to get it off of some questionable torrent. ;-) Actually, I noticed that a CD containing the BackTrack 2 Final release is included with the Syngress Pentester's Open Source Toolkit book. Maybe I'll just buy that. In any case, not a problem.

    Thanks anyway,

    Tom
    You could buy the book (if you really want to play around with v2 I encourage it), I also suspect that other members may still have copies of BT2 on a CD or willing to send it to you in another way.

  7. #7
    Just burned his ISO binaryblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4

    Smile Re: BackTrack 2 Final Download Location

    Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    You could buy the book (if you really want to play around with v2 I encourage it), I also suspect that other members may still have copies of BT2 on a CD or willing to send it to you in another way.
    Thanks...

    I ordered the book today. It looked like a safer option.

    Tom

  8. #8
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: BackTrack 2 Final Download Location

    I've got a copy on a CD somewhere around here. But it looks like you already solved your problem. :P

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with download Final Version 4
    By druss85 in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 08:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •