Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dlink DWL-G122 injection?

arcus

Default Dlink DWL-G122 injection?

does g122 support injection? i've searched the forum n have google it, some says it support injection. when i plug my g122, it recognized as rausb0..then i made it to monitor mode and able to monitor traffic but when i try to inject using aireplay..i got 0 ARP request and i had wait quite a long time but still 0 arp request..i used airoscript..what's the problem?is it able to inject?

The problem is that you don't have a valid ARP req. One thing you can do to verify that injection is working is to perform a FakeAuth attack on the AP. If you get a Successful response Associating and Authenticating all is well then. I may be wrong but, I think your device is a Ralink chipset. In which is fully supported by aircrack.

Check out if your device is hw ver B1 (sticker on its back). If it is, you've got the perfect one. Every other hw version has reported problems at some point, so you'll have to google a bit to find solutions, patches or bad news.

I don't agree with Tybalt about the fakeauth attack, as many times this attack fails but still you can do an injection attack when a valid station is associated to the AP. This is first hand learned, so I admit no discussion.

What you don't mention in your post is if you are also performing a deauth attack to force the station to reassociate, so the injection attack can capture its ARP request and start replaying it..

arcus

yup, my dlink is B1..i figured it out already that it can do injection but still got problems with arp request..after doing the deauth, i only got about 3 ARP request..and the IV's never reached more than 6..damn..i tried everything, i've google and read the documentation of aircrack but still out of luck..ne ideas?

Could be a weak signal? Too noisy? Can you post a snapshot?
    Are you faking the client or deauthenticating a valid associated station?
    Do you have any other APs to try?

arcus

i deauth a valid associated clients but i did try to fake auth but still the same..is it possible that if the network is not busy, the IV's are hard to collect? the associated client sometimes disappear from the station list then reappear..is it becoz the signal is weak? then when i did aireplay when the -h option, i put the MAC of the valid client, but aireplay said that the mac supply in -h is not the same as the interface..im a bit confuse coz what i read before that we should supply -h with the client MAC..i only got one AP for this wep cracking test..

arcus

bump~! bump~! neone??

About the not valid MAC: I believe this is just so you know the MAC is changed for the attack, with no further consequences. Lots of people seem to be having that with the new version.

About ARP requests: There has to be a request for something for the ARP to happen. If you've got two machines at home you can test it with your router. But then, once it starts it should go seamlessly.

About few ARP: I'm not really sure why this happens. The same thing happens to me with some networks, but it's always the ones that do not have good signal strenght or are irregular. Maybe it has something to do with the hardware or when there's no DCHP, but only maybe, I don't know (so tell me if you discover something about this, please!)

Just burned his ISO

I have the same adapter. When I have clients associated, I try this attack and after a minute I get lots of arp and it transmits lots of packets, but the IV count stays low. Does neone know what I am doing wrong? It seems to me that it is not capturing the right arp... When it gets an arp request it starts to bombard the router with packets, but no go... Mac filtering is off on my router, so it isn't that, I tried faking the mac anyways... Followed the tutorial vids.
    Travis

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

[QUOTE=bigvito;80127]I get lots of arp and it transmits lots of packets, but the IV count stays low. Does neone know what I am doing wrong?

bigvito slow down buddy and have a look at this tutorial here:
    http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?...don_t_increase
    it should answer all of your questions.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast