Thread: Change console window font size permanently

Default Change console window font size permanently

Hi guys

OK here is my scenario. I have BT2 installed on a 60gig drive in a laptop. BT2 is the only thing on the drive. The laptop has a nvidia FX 5850 or something along those lines and a widescreen LCD.

BT2 didnt have the drivers to support the native resolution of the LCD so i downloaded the Linux driver package and installed it according to the instructions.

When im in the X Window environment everything looks great. Crisp and clear... but when i open a konsole window its huge. Now i right click in the window and i can change the font size to what i want it to be but when i open a new Konsole window the settings will not stay.

Am i just missing something? I am sure its probably something simple so that all of my konsole windows open at 8pt font.

Thanks in advance

There's a "Save Settings as Default" in the konsole's menus. Right click on a konsole window and click "Show Menu Bar". Somewhere in the menus is the save as default setting that you are looking for.

Thank you very much!

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Glasskannon View Post
    Hi guys

OK here is my scenario. I have BT2 installed on a 60gig drive in a laptop. BT2 is the only thing on the drive. The laptop has a nvidia FX 5850 or something along those lines and a widescreen LCD.

BT2 didnt have the drivers to support the native resolution of the LCD so i downloaded the Linux driver package and installed it according to the instructions.

When im in the X Window environment everything looks great. Crisp and clear... but when i open a konsole window its huge. Now i right click in the window and i can change the font size to what i want it to be but when i open a new Konsole window the settings will not stay.

Am i just missing something? I am sure its probably something simple so that all of my konsole windows open at 8pt font.

Thanks in advance
    The only thing I might think that you could try is to modify the window size in the menu....
    (this will be crude, if you need screen-shots, let me know)

start konsole
    Get the window the size you wish---
    click the button in the upper left hand corner (menu)
    select advanced
    select special window settings
    click ok on the warning dialog
    click "detect" button in the "detect windows properties section" of the window tab
    move cursor to your konsole window, it will be a +
    click within the window
    be sure that (konsole-mainwindow#1) is in the window role section, if not type it in
    click on the geometry tab
    click the mark box next to the work size:
    this should autopopulate the geometry demensions of the current window size
    (note: you could get this same setting from another window if need be)
    click "OK" button

test....

Hope this helps...

~Ariot~