Hello. If this post comes up a second time, I'm sorry. I posted about an hour ago and was not able to see it listed.

I have two harddrives - one is configured as a master drive with Windows XP on it. The other is the slave with Kubuntu on it. I can select one or the other at boot time. Both are 80GB harddrives, so with a burgeoning interest in BackTrack I decided to partition the slave drive to put BackTrack3 on there. So, I've got Kubuntu on hdb1 and BackTrack on hdb3 with a swapfile in between them.

I pretty much followed the instructions at this webpage:
beyondthebit [dot] com/node/17

except qtparted didn't work for me and I ended up using a Gparted-LiveCD for the partition. On the BackTrack installation I used the following settings:

"Source" was set automatically
"Install backtrack to" point to (/mnt/hdb3)
"Write new MBR to" was set automatically to (/dev/hda)
"Installation Method" set to Real
I unchecked "Restore original MBR after LILO" as it said on the webpage.

Okay. So, I can still choose the slave drive at boot time to go into Kubuntu.
But, when letting the master boot I'm given the "choiceless option" of booting BackTrack. I don't know how to get back into Windows.

The guy at the website said to add

#Windows Configuration
other = /dev/hda1
label = WindowsXP
table = /dev/hda

to the bottom of your lilo.config file and I have done that, but it makes no difference.

My lilo.config file reads:

boot = /dev/hda
prompt
delay = 90
timeout = 60
#bitmap=/boot/splash.bmp
change-rules
reset
#vga = 769,771/773/792
vga = 769
image = /boot/vmlinuz
root = current
label = BackTrack
read-only
#Windows Configuration
other = /dev/hda1
label = WindowsXP
table = /dev/hda

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and how I can go about fixing this so I can get back into Windows? It's not urgent since I can still access all the files on the drive through BackTrack, but I do have a lot of programs that have no substitute in the Linux OSes.

Thanks.