Thread: Issues running on Eee 900

Just burned his ISO

Default Issues running on Eee 900

I've been running 4 Prefinal without issue for a while on my Eee 900, running on a 16GB SDHC card persistently. I just upgraded to 4 Final, and I have 2 issues so far:

1) While in graphic mode, the power button doesn't function. If I log out and get to a prompt, the power button then shuts down the computer. Is this by design?

2) I noticed this while booting from a USB drive in non-persistent mode, but sometimes the mouse pointer doesn't work. If I reboot, sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Were mouse drivers changed?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Issues running on Eee 900

hi,
    I am running bt4 final on a eeePc 901a,
    witch is near all the same of yours,
    just a 16ssd witch is the change I think .

first for the shutdown, you need to add a fix I should recall a link nearly,
    but you can try google,it comes from the shutdown script "sbin/shutdown_helper.sh".

Here I had no problem since the fix, for the second question I can not help,
    because I don't usually use the non persistent mode, but maybe in you xorg.conf...

bye

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the help, I'll check it out. Also, I wasn't that clear. The mouse issue works in both persistent and non-persistent mode. Playing with it more, it seems that if there's mouse activity at bootup, then the mouse is less likely to function when boot up. I've made a conscious effort to not touch the mouse until it's booted up, and it seems better.

It looks like it's not the sound bug. If I run the poweroff command, it shuts down fine. However, when in graphic mode, the power button does nothing. If I log out, the power button then shuts everything off. In Backtrack 4 Pre-final, hitting the power button in graphic mode would shut everything down.

Also, it appears the mouse bug can be avoided by not moving the mouse at all while starting up. I've rebooted about 20 times so far, and the mouse never froze if I didn't move it while starting up. I can get the mouse to reliably freeze by moving it while starting up.
    Last edited by lupin; 02-06-2010 at 04:09 AM.

power button issue
    same here Acer Aspire One 8.9"

trellis

Yeah, the power button isn't working on my EEE-PC 900A either. But that's not a problem, because I need lesser time typing 'halt' than reaching for a button anyway

Just burned his ISO

Glad that you have a solution. However, the rest of us are stuck, as your solution replaces one button push with 5. I have a shortcut on my desktop that shuts things down easily, but it's still much easier to just hit the power button and go.

Just burned his ISO

I am also having an issue with my mouse pad on my 1000HD.