Thread: OSX 10.6 with Virtual Box

Just burned his ISO

Default OSX 10.6 with Virtual Box

Hi, I have installed Virtual Box on my Macbook Pro running OXS 10.6.

I have installed BT4 on to the VBX Harddrive and want to use my USB Wireless Stick for Wireless Security.

I know that the stick supports injection etc, and have used it before on BT3.

But my problem is that I do not know how to make BT4 reconize the Wireless Stick in the VirtualBox.

When I select it from USB Devices and click the Wireless Stick, it says that it is being used.

If anyone can help I would be grateful.

Thanks

QKiani

Default Re: OSX 10.6 with Virtual Box

Not that we support VBox here, but because I use the same thing when I can't be bothered to reboot, I'll give you a hand.

When you boot your VirtualBox, there are icons on the bottom right of the statusbar. Click the one that looks like a USB end, and select your USB WiFi stick from the list. VBox will then pass it through to BT4, and you'll be able to use it in BT4.
    thou shalt treat all computers as thou wouldst treat thyself, for thou art the creator of thine own problems.

Quote Originally Posted by xX_Spiidey_Xx View Post
    Click the one that looks like a USB end, and select your USB WiFi stick from the list. VBox will then pass it through to BT4, and you'll be able to use it in BT4.
    I believe that's what he did, Spiidey.
    Quote Originally Posted by QKiani View Post
    When I select it from USB Devices and click the Wireless Stick, it says that it is being used.
    The problem seems to be that the wireless device is being used by the host (maybe scanning for networks?), so VBX can't take control over it. The solution should be something like disabling the wireless device on the host so that VBX can take control over it. But again, as Spiidey said, this is not a support forum for VBox. You should be better of by posting these on VBox forums.

Ahhh, caught me again Snayler!

New question for the OP then: did you install the drivers in OSX for your wifi stick?

Since this isn't really a VBox forum (well, actually, it isn't at all), let's handle this via PM, and see if we can get you a resolution.

Cheers,

xX_Spiidey_Xx
    thou shalt treat all computers as thou wouldst treat thyself, for thou art the creator of thine own problems.

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Actually guys the simplest method should be to turn the device off in the system pref's panel. That way it's still there but os x isn't using it for anything.

But yes, this isn't a os x or virtualbox forum.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.