Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netgear WPN511 and BT2

Just burned his ISO

Default Netgear WPN511 and BT2

BTW if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it please

I searched and couldn't find a topic with my problem solved. I was able to successfully crack my own wifi wep once but was unable to do it again the second time...and I have no idea why, i followed these steps
    this -->points to problem

airmon-ng stop ath0
    airmon-ng start wifi0
    iwconfig
    airodump-ng ath0
    aireodump-ng -c 6--bssid the mac -w output ath0
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -e name -a mac -h cardmac ath0 --> Continues to send authentication and such without the smiley thing.
    when it finally works...

aireplay-ng -4 -b mac -h cardmac ath0-->continues getting packets w/o ARP requests comin in...
    when it does work somehow

aircrack-ng -b mac output*.cap
    the ivs stop rising and freeze at 150000 and it doesnt crack the wep.

I would like to know if I am doing anything wrong at all. I was thinking maybe the first time was some sort of fluke or something....

I'm using LIVE CD btw

Just burned his ISO

I followed the instructions, and for the second player, when I tried it, it said i got several deauthentication packets from ap...and the first one i didnt even receive any arp requests.

Quote Originally Posted by vipertongn View Post
    I followed the instructions, and for the second player, when I tried it, it said i got several deauthentication packets from ap...and the first one i didnt even receive any arp requests.
    Please take some time to read up on the whole subject before diving in head first. There are several outstanding tutorials and threads on the forum that will help you understand exactly why you are experiencing the problems you have as well as what to do to fix them. When you have a better understanding of the whole process feel free to post back for additional help if needed.

Please do not take this post personally, but the simple truth is that both of these problems have been addressed multiple times on the forum already.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

It's fine, its just that I have searched up on a lot of tutorials for this problem and I keep on getting the same error so to speak. I do not know what I am doing wrong or why its like this.

Since I am a nice guy I will give you some hints to the possible source of the problem.
    aireplay-ng -4 -b mac -h cardmac ath0-->continues getting packets w/o ARP requests comin in...
    Have you confirmed that there are any other clients currently connected to the AP? In case there are none no ARP-packets will ever be transmitted for you to intercept.
    aircrack-ng -b mac output*.cap
    the ivs stop rising and freeze at 150000 and it doesnt crack the wep.
    How long is the WEP key that you are trying to crack? Aircrack-ng will only try for 64 and 128 bit keys by default and you will need to specify the actual key length in case it differs from this using the -n option. Have you tried using the old KoreK attack instead of the never PTW method? Also 150000 ivs does not guarantee that you will be able to crack the key, keep collecting more unless you are able to crack it.

If all else fails you might want to try out SpoonWEP that will automate the WEP cracking process for you. It does take some of the fun out of the whole process IMHO, but at least it will guarantee that the correct commands are used and minimize the risk for error caused by the user.

Just burned his ISO

its a 64 bit password. I haven't run into a tutorial that explained the korek method. I tried using this method
    aireplay-ng -1 6000 -o 1 -q 10 -e name -a mac -h cardmac ath0

then they would work, but the cracking portion doesn't work with it for some reason...

what method do you suggest for my problem?

clients...if you mean by devices...i have an eth0 that shows up in the iwconfig. I tried stopping it but it's still there. I'm not sure if that's my problem. That's my broadcom internal PCI card I think.

I'm very thankful you are taking the time to help me with this problem.

its a 64 bit password. I haven't run into a tutorial that explained the korek method. I tried using this method
    aireplay-ng -1 6000 -o 1 -q 10 -e name -a mac -h cardmac ath0

then they would work, but the cracking portion doesn't work with it for some reason...
    This command will only authenticate you with the AP, not actually generate any ivs.
    clients...if you mean by devices...i have an eth0 that shows up in the iwconfig. I tried stopping it but it's still there. I'm not sure if that's my problem. That's my broadcom internal PCI card I think.
    No, with clients I mean other computers connected to the AP. You have to realize that the AP will not generate the ARP packets by itself, Connect another computer to the network through wireless and browse the internet with it, then try the following command to replay the ARP packets and collect them:
    Code:
    airodump-ng -c "the AP channel" --bssid "the AP MAC" -i "interface" -w "name of capture file"
    aireplay-ng -3 -b "the AP's MAC" -h "your wireless card's MAC" -i "interface"
    Wait for a ARP-packet to be intercepted and replayed generating some ivs for you and then start aircrack-ng using the following command:
    Code:
    aircrack-ng -n 64 "name of capture file"

Just burned his ISO

Thank you so much for this help Tron. I finally got it working and its going along real nice. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by vipertongn View Post
    Thank you so much for this help Tron. I finally got it working and its going along real nice. Thanks again.
    Good to hear, and glad to be able to help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast