Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Data Recovery using Autopsy / TOR / BackTrack & FCCU Forensic

Post Data Forensics, Data Recovery, Autopsy/TOR/FCCU.

Greetings,

I was planning on doing this personally, since I had the documentation and it's on my '2do' list. Although my '2do' list has been changed recently and I thought I would share the work of another, the information is from EdWiget. I am mainly posting this because it seems that there are no tutorials on Autopsy and I feel that there should be because it is such a vital tool.

* This is not my work, I do not take credit for it *

Click the link below to download the PDF File, its 10.9MB.

Data Recovery using Autopsy / TOR / BackTrack & FCCU Forensic Tutorial

The Author of Autopsy can be found at the following website [link goes to Document section of Autopsy]: Sleuthkit.Org

Data Recovery: DD & DDRescue - Taken from Cyberciti.biz

Video Linkage:
    Disecting the Sub7 file using Autopsy & Air
    Quality: Bad Video, Audio could be useful for some || There IS a version of this file somewhere that is of good quality
    Duration: 8mins 10secs
    Reference: video.google.com

Intro To DD and Autopsy By Williamc and Twinvega
    Quality: Excellent Video and Audio/Narration
    Duration: 4-5mins
    Reference: IronGeek.com

Information/Books:

1) Introduction to Computer Forensics
    2) DIGITAL EVIDENCE Peter Sommer
    3) 2 Conference on Advances in Computer Security and Forensics (ACSF)
    4) Computer forensics and investigations
    5) Thiefs Page (HUGE PDF Collection) (The Ultimate Information Center, worth checking).

Goodluck and enjoy, if anyone has any information post and I will add it to this post to keep everything tidy. Thanks to all who contribute to this list!

Cheers

Nice post The_Denv.

Even though its not your work, thanks for sharing your find. I love the big "Tux the Penguin" on the cover of the .pdf. saying "Good evening Mr. Gates, I will be your server today."

But seriously, thanks you for posting this material for us all to have a "look-see" at.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Nice post The_Denv.

Even though its not your work, thanks for sharing your find. I love the big "Tux the Penguin" on the cover of the .pdf. saying "Good evening Mr. Gates, I will be your server today."

But seriously, thanks you for posting this material for us all to have a "look-see" at.
    Thanks -=Xploitz=-, Yeh lol it is an awsome image, might save it as a potential background image!

Well, I have always want to mess around with Autopsy but never get the chance to. When I come across a good tutorial about anything to do with BackTrack that hasn't been covered I will add it to the 'Tutorial Thread'...add it the the library ya know?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Thanks for the tutorial addition The_Denv.

I am working on another one right now using autospy and some of the other forensics tools in BT.

I feel the same way about adding things here that may be missing.
    I don't want to go somewhere else to get a tutorial on a tool that is inlcuded in bt (if I don't have too).

Thanks again!
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Thanks for the tutorial addition The_Denv.

I am working on another one right now using autospy and some of the other forensics tools in BT.

I feel the same way about adding things here that may be missing.
    I don't want to go somewhere else to get a tutorial on a tool that is inlcuded in bt (if I don't have too).

Thanks again!
    Cheers amael, I glad you feel exactly like I do on this topic. If there are tools in Back|Track, there should be a tutorial for every tool in the OS. As we all know the programmers and developer's of Back|Track need cash, this OS is for me has been 'love at first sight', its beautiful. To think that these lads are not getting paid any money for creating such a good OS as many people [including myself] honor OpenSource. So the least I can do until I can afford to donate is to do my load of work and just harvest every piece of information discussing each tool. Then compile the information into a readable tutorial and give credit where it is due. I got lucky with this and only compiled a few links [like a mini-wiki-link-list], I'll add more as I find them. This one also had a nicely packed presentation on a PDF file so there was no point in me pasting topics that are already covered within the PDF.

So, if anyone comes across any 'linkage' material...please forward to this thread

Cheers
    EDIT: Had a thought, why dont we all create some kind of 'Harvest' programme [not a program]. Designed for all members here as an unspoken gesture of a 'thank you' to the Dev's and help build up a solid library of tutorials as 'our' part of helping Back|Track...after all we are the open-source community and bboard back in the day [even late 90's] always had some kind of community spirit going on....probably wont happen but we do have a lot of members here and only a small percent of us interact publicly. I dont mind at all, just a thought.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks a lot The_Denv, I want to learn how to use Autopsy, I think those guys Digital Forenses are well paid...

or im mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    Thanks a lot The_Denv, I want to learn how to use Autopsy, I think those guys Digital Forenses are well paid...

or im mistaken?

You're mistaken What's Forenses?
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

thanx alot man that pdf with FCCU and tor was a real i opener
    Ubuntu/backtrack 3 - HP pavilion DV6000

Just burned his ISO

uh oh am sorry english is not my native language. I ment Forensic guys.... (better now?)

Wow

How did I not see this thread before?

Thank you The_Denv
    This is the aspect of computing that intrigues me the most

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast