Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux is using Windows components secretly, oh noes

Default Linux is using Windows components secretly, oh noes

According to this post Linux can not run without Windows.

Oh noes, MS secretly infiltrated T3h Linux and put their components into it.

Wondering if some people coming here think the same.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Tell me this is a joke, for my sanity tell me this is a joke
    wtf?

No I think that guy is pretty serious about it.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

zdnet is a true fun resource,check
    Code:
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=758

C'mon who calls it "the Linux"

I like the comments about Vista, as if it was released for the benefit of its users. No, Microsoft number 1 priority is its shareholders not its users. Sure there's a symbiotic relationship between the users and shareholders but if the shareholders aren't happy they'll take their money elsewhere and that will affect Microsoft quicker then users being unhappy, since they just likely to use a different Microsoft product and not abandon the company. So, Microsoft new that realeasing Vista would generate revenue and make the shareholders happy, that's why it was realeased.

That being said, the sad truth is Linux will never be as popular as Microsoft. But that's also a good thing. Let the sheeple have their Windows and the glory that comes with it as well as the burden of being the #1 target of virus writers, malware and exploits. I'll keep running my copy of Linux and do everything you can do except I know that if I break it I can fix it.

That article might have been the most frustrating article I have read in quite some time. That guy has either been paid by Micro$oft to state that to scare people away from Linux, OR the author smokes crystal meth.

Either way, the author is a complete moron and a moron that we should have only seen back in the late 70's early 80's...I thought people were smart these days concerning computing?
    beakmyn said:
    That being said, the sad truth is Linux will never be as popular as Microsoft.
    FYI, My old workplace which has branches all over the UK uses 'Fedora'. Micro$oft is afraid of Linux and it should be that way. Linux/UNIX is more popular than you think...and growing!

Linux carries a green light sabre Time for M$ to fall, time for it to go. It's only good for gaming, Linux/UNIX is for professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    No I think that guy is pretty serious about it.
    He also talks about OS/2 so I don;t think he's that "upto-date"...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    I thought people were smart these days concerning computing?
    I thought so too, not only regarding computing but if you pay close attention you will see that most of the people nowadays wouldn't need a brain anymore at all. They are told what they should need to know from the media. Besides that it is just sleeping, working, eating, having sex. If I see that I am wondering how most of the human beings call themself superior to other animals.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by beakmyn View Post
    C'mon who calls it "the Linux"
    Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible.
    But you are absolutely right beakmyn, let them have their shiny Windows with all the security issues so that only a few will care about writing non Windows viruses.
    How about this slogan for the next Windows: Windows, I will think for you today.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    Linux carries a green light sabre Time for M$ to fall, time for it to go. It's only good for gaming, Linux/UNIX is for professionals.
    Find me a piece of RELIABLE OSS software that is able to run my plant and I'll believe that. Linux has a niche, and that's it. When it comes to a production environment, meaning things like process control there just isn't the support that's needed by the industry.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Until linux has an outlook equiv, and something as centralised as active directory I cant see it ever being main stream, the council I work at has a mere 500 computers, and they are both essential !
    wtf?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast