Thread: COmpiz-fusion bug

Just burned his ISO

Question COmpiz-fusion bug

Hi all,
    I use BT4 final ant I have a bug with compiz-fusion.

When I do my "compiz --replace", usually works great but since a couple of day, compiz make me a really strange work.

It invert, my desktop (thing up are down and inverse), and the desktop is like mirrored.

Ok, so what's my setup :
    I installed the compiz-fusion package, from the bt4 repo.
    My gpu is a Intel 945gm, and my screen is in 1024*600.
    Before, all was working good, so I think it can be done

I try changing my xorg.conf, many times, but it still not working ..., even if I try to run with a blank xorg, witch normally run with my intel.

Any ideas ?

Hey,
    this is my shell output when I launch compiz :

Code:
    Checking for Xgl: not present.
    Detected PCI ID for VGA:
    Checking for texture_from_pixmap: present.
    Checking for non power of two support: present.
    Checking for Composite extension: present.
    Comparing resolution (1024x600) to maximum 3D texture size (2048): Passed.
    Checking for nVidia: not present.
    Checking for FBConfig: present.
    Checking for Xgl: not present.
    I done it by piping the output like compiz > compiz.txt, but I got an error outside of my pipe :

Code:
    libccs: dlopen: /usr/lib/compizconfig/backends/libkconfig.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    What more I can provide to explain the problem ?

bye

Hi,

I'm still having the issue, it's a bit strange I try to explain better :

I have remove and reinstall all the compiz stuff, by "apt-get remove compiz", and "apt-get install compiz-fusion*".

With the fresh install of compiz, I try to launch but got the same thing, screen inverted and mirrored

I try with a standart xorg.conf with no modifications, but it still doing.

Same thing with my xorg.conf with modifications.

I think it should come from ccsm, Compiz configuration tool, but I disable all the plugins, and it's doing again.

So I am not sure, firt i think it was a issue due to misconfiguration or installation, but I find this post, witch could me think about a bug.

Any ideas ?
    In advance many thank's about reading

Peace
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 02-08-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Default Re: COmpiz-fusion bug

This bug has already been reported to compiz. The devs for this distro don't develop compiz, so you won't get your support from them.

Update your video drivers and see if that makes a difference.
    thou shalt treat all computers as thou wouldst treat thyself, for thou art the creator of thine own problems.

Just burned his ISO

Hi,
    some update of the problem,
    I'm really sure my driver are not in cause and are the latest,
    I think it is not a problem about compiz itself, but all the different version of compiz and the composant on the repo.

As I have some free time, I try to get the system clean from all component from compiz by :
    Code:
    apt-get remove compiz*
    After getting all the mess removed, I first search wath to choose in the repo by :
    Code:
    apt-cache search compiz
    One thing is there is a lot of stuff, some upgraded, and some with different version, for kde3/kde4.
    So I picked up the compiz-kde3 package, just the needed dependencies, and it seem working, I have not tested all the feature right now but, when I :
    Code:
    Compiz --replace
    The desktop, is not inverted and seems to be ok.

I have to try the modules to be sure, but I think there is a lot of stuff abouot compiz in the repo (i have juste the official from archive.offensive-security.com, so I wanna know if my methodology is good ?

By writing this post, I made some test and try one time to reproduce the mirrored desktop, I think it come from one of the ccsm, in the repo witch may a different version from the core, can anyone confirm ?

Regards,

Just burned his ISO

Did anyone ever find the solution to this? I recently am having the same problem. When I load Compiz everything becomes inverted (menus, etc.) I tried removing everything with apt-get remove compiz* and then reinstalled compiz-kde3 and its dependencies, but after i ran compiz --replace it errored and reverted back to kwin. I've been searching but haven't found much yet. Yes, I realize I don't NEED compiz fusion, but i like it So any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I checked compiz home site, but didnt find much there help wise. So any of your help would be awesome.
    Thanks in advance

Just burned his ISO

Did anyone find the solution to this problem? I heard that it might have been the new python update? I am having the same behavior, once compiz was used, everything became inverted. I've searched around and havent been able to find a solution. I also looked over at the compiz' site but didnt have any luck. I tried the recommended fix and removed everything relating to compiz with apt-get remove compiz*, then just installed compiz-kde3 and only the dependencies it needed. However when i go to use it with compiz --replace. It errors and makes me go back to kwin. Yes, I realize I dont NEED compiz fusion, but i like it Thanks in advance for any help or pointers in the right direction.

Just wanted to write to say that I found the solution to this in case anyone else has experienced the same thing. The problem is having 2 display drivers installed. Intel and Nvidia in my case. I heard of some people getting rid of the nvidia driver, but that didnt work in my case. I had to get rid of the intel driver. Just went to synaptic and removed them, rebooted, and started up compiz again. No more inversed desktop! Hope this helps out.
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 08-20-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Thanks for updating critterah and letting us know.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.