Thread: Prob with Fakeauth

Just burned his ISO

Default Prob with Fakeauth

Hey,

I'm working on this WEP-Wlan since a week now, but still no result. I use a RT2500.
    I have no clients connected. So my first step is the fakeauth. When I do this it only responds "Sending Authentication Request". I set the interface to the channel of the wlan by the command: iwconfig ra0 channel 11.

then comes the fakeauth: aireplay-ng -1 0 -e something -a MAC of AP -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 ra0

and I get the sending authentication request message!
    with my real MAC i only get the "sending auth. request" and with the changed mac(00:...:55) it also says: authetication failed (code 1)

What could my next step be. The AP is really near. So that can't be the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Damnation

working on this ap? this ap is really near? doesnt sound like your ap to me, consider reading the rules, simply clicking on RULES does not mean you have read them.

i just noticed you have 1 post too, it would of been a good idea introducing yourself properly too........the senior members/moderatos on here dont ask for much, but to many new members ask for everything.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by damnation View Post
    Hey,
    I'm working on this WEP-Wlan since a week now, but still no result.

What could my next step be. The AP is really near. So that can't be the problem.
    Thanks for your help.
    Damnation
    Your next step would be to stop what you are doing and go READ that way you will have an understanding of what you are trying to achieve!
    First try reading some of the tutorials here on the forums.
    Use the search function and looks for tutorials by -=Xploitz=-
    just cut and paste his name in the search field

Next go and read about the tools that he uses at
    www.aircrack-ng.org/

Then when you are done with that go back and re-read them again.
    Then you can move on to trying to do what ever it is you are doing.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

First of all: The AP is really near means that it is right beside my actual pc and I have 100% connection.

I read several tutorials and also watched some cracking vids especially the ones by Xploitz.
    I do know what all the commands mean and all that. Opening this thread was the last instance.

please see archangel.amael's post
    SEARCH AND READ

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

First of all: The AP is really near means that it is right beside my actual pc and I have 100% connection.
    I read several tutorials and also watched some cracking vids especially the ones by Xploitz. I do know what all the commands mean and all that. Opening this thread was the last instance.
    It is great that you have read the tutorials! However you have now stated that you do not understand the commands. Start by reading about how wireless works, look for it on google or wikipedia, then once you have this down, move on to trying to connect normally to your ap with bt , this will let you know that everything is on the up and up. Once that is done then pick on of the thousands of tutorials on haxoring a wep ap. Then follow it closely if something doesn't work out stop at that step and re-do, if it still does not work stop and re-read.

I would suggest that you use the Xploitz video tutorials they are probably the best as far as BT goes. Pick one and read all of it first then execute the steps.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Hey,

I'm working on this WEP-Wlan since a week now, but still no result. I use a RT2500.
    I have no clients connected. So my first step is the fakeauth. When I do this it only responds "Sending Authentication Request". I set the interface to the channel of the wlan by the command: iwconfig ra0 channel 11.

then comes the fakeauth: aireplay-ng -1 0 -e something -a MAC of AP -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 ra0

and I get the sending authentication request message!
    with my real MAC i only get the "sending auth. request" and with the changed mac(00:...:55) it also says: authetication failed (code 1)

Thanks for your help.

Damnation
    LOL. I'll see if I can help. Do you know for sure if your card can do injection. Just run the command:

#aireplay-ng -9 ra0

Assuming ra0 is your card, and it is in Monitor mode.