Thread: Adding homemade modules to BackTrack

Just burned his ISO

Question Adding homemade modules to BackTrack

Hi, I have a question that is Slax based but very BackTrack related. I am new to Slax and am still trying to figure it out. I am trying to modify the module from ophcrack live cd to put on BackTrack. I was able to get the ophcrack module off of ophcrack and modify it to include the launch and dump hash scripts. I was also able put the tables on my USB drive so that I could successfully run the launch script and automate the process of cracking my windows passwords.

Where I have a problem is with trying to add the launch script to the menu (kde is of more interest to me but flux would be nice too). Anyway I can't understand the BackTrack menu structure. The directories seem obvious enough but where are the menu items located? I want to add ophcrack to the offline password attacks but can't seem to figure out how to go about doing it with a module. I can use kmenuedit and add the item for temp use or save the session to make it work later but how can I add the menu item as a module? If I could figure this stuff out I would gladly add this as a module to the slax modules page as the ones there seem to not work.

Anyway if anyone could shed a little light on this I would appreciate it greatly.

P.S. BackTrack 3 is the bomb especially since I added ophcrack on it. I need to learn some more of the many nifty tools that are on there.

Nobody@DMZ

Well if you add the auto crack and load scripts.
    As well as the tables in a directory.
    Then go and right click on the kde icon and go configure menu.

then when all is done run this command and place the module in the modules directory.

dir2lzm /mnt/live/memory/changes changes.lzm

Regards
    Nobody

Nobody@DMZ

P.S. Can you rapidshare the scripts and tables please

It is neither BT related nor SLAX.

What you should look for is how to add an entry to the KMenu.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

Actually I know how to add entries to the kmenu. What I don't know is how to add them to the back track sub menu. I tried to understand it but it does not make sense to me without a kickstart. I guess I can can try the changes.lzm but I really wanted to add them to the ophcrack module. I will try to do the changes.lzm thing and then try to figure how that works so that I can add it to ophcrack.

Thanks for the tries we shall see what happens.

I will try to do the rapidshare thing tomorrow I have limited time now.

Ok I guess the only way I can find to edit the backtrack menu is to edit the applications-kmenuedit.menu I thought there might be another way but I guess that is the only way I can figure out how to edit it. So now my question changes.

Can one entry be appended to this file through a module?

Basically what I am trying to figure out is I would like to create modules that are separate and stand alone modules that can be loaded by any bt3 live cd but have corresponding kmenu entries. My lack of knowledge of how slax works is really getting in the way. I have heard of modules that will add themselves to the kmenu so I think it is possible.

Please help.

opcrack module with scripts placed in the bin dir
    to launch type
    Code:
    ophcrack-launch.sh
    **this is what auto starts on the livecd
    to dump hashes type
    Code:
    dump-hash.sh
    ophcrack module

rapidshare.com/files/85864621/ophcrack.lzm.html

ophcrack libs

rapidshare.com/files/85864528/libs_ophcrack.lzm.html

rapidshare only allows100MB and the tables are bigger so for the tables download the live cd and copy the tables dir so it looks like this
    Code:
    /bt3/ophcrack/tables

Just burned his ISO

i use ophcrack-3.0

and i edit my launch.sh only in the last lines

Code:
    ophcrack -t $LIVECD_DIR/table1:$LIVECD_DIR/table2 -w $FOUND/ -n $numcpu -o /tmp/ophcrack.txt $opts
    now you can add your tables in your BT3 folder