Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joining a Windows 2003 domain in BT / Tools for recovering a 2003 server password

Default Joining a Windows 2003 domain in BT / Tools for recovering a 2003 server password

Hello everyone, I'd like to know how to join a Windows 2003 server domain via BT3 beta, I assume it's via Samba, but not much happens when I join the domain in BT3. What am I doing wrong?

Secondly I'd like to know if it's possible to recovering/crack a 2003 server password in anyway, someone seems to have changed my password for the school server and I'd prefer not to reformat that partion, I have access to 2 other partions and the accounts there, but no account on the partion we've got the second 2003 install on that computer.

(More simple)

C: XP - Got access
    D: 2003 Server - Need password recovery, no accounts possible to login too.
    E: 2003 Server - Got access

If it's any help I can say the two 2003 server partions have NO security updates as they are only used for educational stuff and have no internet connection.

Developer

The good part about college is you pay to go there so the network admins have to help you sort out such matters.

Indeed what pureh@te said was true.

IF the 2003 server is yours, i would recover the password 100% directly on the
    computer and NOT externally. That is actually piece of cake and can be done
    within 24 hours MAXIMUM! :O

But you must find the path yourself oh great Lord Muffin! (i like muffins )
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    The good part about college is you pay to go there so the network admins have to help you sort out such matters.
    If only, our network admin/techie knows less about Linux then I do and also want to know how to join a domain in Linux, and he is the one that gave me the ultimatum to reformat the partion or recover the password in some way (even if I prefer to use WMware server for my studies, guess I could try to persuade him to let me use that, but I think it wouldn't go )

Quote Originally Posted by MaXe Legend View Post
    Indeed what pureh@te said was true.

IF the 2003 server is yours, i would recover the password 100% directly on the
    computer and NOT externally. That is actually piece of cake and can be done
    within 24 hours MAXIMUM! :O

But you must find the path yourself oh great Lord Muffin! (i like muffins )
    I have direct access to the server, as in, I can touch it, I can type on it with the keyboard, unplug the power cord or whatever, but it's not "mine" as in, it's the schools (we're using them in our course LAN A 100p).

I have permission to do whatever except destroying it and format the other two partions whom belong to other students in other classes).
    I don't want to do it externally, I want to do it as fast as possible just so I can regain the password that someone changed, and next time I'll be smarter then use the course name as password, the part of joining a 2003 server domain was to try using domains in Linux with Samba in some way (I noticed BT3 had Samba so I thought I'd give it a try).

And god dammit, why do everyone associate my name with muffins?! (Okay, I know it's close, but I'm not the muffin man!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord MuffloN View Post
    And god dammit, why do everyone associate my name with muffins?! (Okay, I know it's close, but I'm not the muffin man!)
    I associate it with something different, but I think if you'd know what you'd prefer to go with muffin.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    I associate it with something different, but I think if you'd know what you'd prefer to go with muffin.
    I know what you mean, though it ain't as common as muffin man comments, and on topic, it seems like I might be able to use WMware for my studies instead so the only question that remains is how I'd use Samba, but I guess I'll go to their website/google the issue.

Yes reading it up would be a good idea or asking in a Linux forum, since it is not directly BT related.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by Lord MuffloN View Post
    Hello everyone, I'd like to know how to join a Windows 2003 server domain via BT3 beta,
    Why?
    I assume it's via Samba, but not much happens when I join the domain in BT3.
    What did you expect to happen?
    What am I doing wrong?
    <sarcasm>With the oh soooooo detailed information you've provided so far we have NFC. Perhaps you could be more vague and that'd help us answer you better </sarcasm>

Secondly I'd like to know if it's possible to recovering/crack a 2003 server password in anyway,
    Yes there are many ways.
    someone seems to have changed my password for the school server
    Then either: 1) "Someone" has more access than you (and can reset it for you), or 2) "someone" can tell you want it is (since they'd know what they changed it to).
    and I'd prefer not to reformat that partion, I have access to 2 other partions and the accounts there, but no account on the partion we've got the second 2003 install on that computer.

(More simple)

C: XP - Got access
    D: 2003 Server - Need password recovery, no accounts possible to login too.
    E: 2003 Server - Got access

If it's any help I can say the two 2003 server partions have NO security updates as they are only used for educational stuff and have no internet connection.
    As others have said, if it's a "school" server then it's not your problem. Let the person who is paid to deal with it, deal with it.

Lastly the word is "partition" not "partion". "Partion" sounds like some kind of wacked mash-up of the famous line from Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post

Lastly the word is "partition" not "partion". "Partion" sounds like some kind of wacked mash-up of the famous line from Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure.
    Maybe he's not allowed to type words with 'tit' in it?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast