Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posioned Websites Attack Visitors

Default Posioned Websites Attack Visitors

BBC News: Posioned Websites Attack Vistors

...Windows users are mainly at the frontline of attack here. People like ourselves know exactly what comes in and out of our network. It would be cool and ethical to dive into one of these websites use wireshark and grab the leeching IP address/es and report them. Counter-attacks would be cool but that is unethical and not our style as we abide the law

I think they are referring to Xoops
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

It has been confirmed someone has bought ad-spots on websites which within the
    ads had malicious code, such as in f.ex. some of the similar code in metasploit when
    you f.ex. use some of the browser exploits.

People using winbl0wz, mac, and internet explorer were the most affected.
    Linux users and/or FireFox users weren't affected so much by this.
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Developer

Well where are the links to these sites? They never tell you squat in the news. Where is a copy of the code of the malware so people can check their machines?

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Well where are the links to these sites? They never tell you squat in the news. Where is a copy of the code of the malware so people can check their machines?
    It's the Media.

"OMG A HUGE COMET IS GOING TO SMACK INTO EARTH!!"

"OH MY GOD! WE IS IT GOING TO HIT?!?!"

*silence*

They give enough info to scare you or make you worried, then leave you hanging. It's been that way for years.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

If you guys had read TFA, you'd have seen that this particular one had been very hard to trackdown because it keeps changing form.

gratuitous /.

In Soviet Russia website attacks you.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If you guys had read TFA, you'd have seen that this particular one had been very hard to trackdown because it keeps changing form.

gratuitous /.

In Soviet Russia website attacks you.
    Lol, I got bit by that one.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Developer

I did read the article streaker but there must be some info. Thats like saying 30% of hamburger meat has ecoli and not telling people which factory, which state, which coast or which continent even it came from.

I did read the article streaker but there must be some info. Thats like saying 30% of hamburger meat has ecoli and not telling people which factory, which state, which coast or which continent even it came from.
    Maybe the meat wasn't from earth.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Yes, but if they were to tell you which store not to get meat from, you're not going to run out and buy some just out of curiosity if it's infected or not.

In this case, people would flock to those sites just to see what they do, just like several of you have said.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast