Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WORKING BT3 on Macbook 13.3

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up WORKING BT3 on Macbook 13.3

Just got Bt3 running with my macbook 13.3 C2D. Got kismet, wifizoo and injection working with madwifi. Had to configure the conf files but all was good after that. Only problem is the mouse gets stuck every now and then. Need to see if someone has symantics touchpad drivers to get the gestures working etc, so I can right click and so on... any help on configuring the xorg.conf and patching for the mouse would be great. Peace all.

Just burned his ISO

Can u post the changes you made in the conf files, and some of the steps that u had to take that were out of the ordinary, im downloading the BT3 beta right now actually, and i want to run it on my macbook, if u could help out before i run into trouble, make it much easier for me, o and if u know im trying to make it boot off of usb, if you know off the top of ur head a good link that would also help but ill google it anyway.

i feel like such a douche, totally disregard my usb thing, i saw the links on the backtrack site like 2 minutes after i said it and just slapped myself..not really but should have

Just burned his ISO

Default fustrated to no extreme help please

hey Magic read that you got your macbook to work with BT3. I've been at it now for probably a week on and off trying to get it to work. I have tried everything and read to no end.

I have the exact same macbook black and running leopard.
    I've even tried with a dlink usb dwl-g122 v c1 no luck i just can't get any packet injections to work the rest is fine.

if you could please post or email how you got it to work it would be greatly appreciated.

sac

well i have it working on my macbook c2d, only problem is my atheros based card drops in and out but i believe they have a driver update for that. but i believe it works only on the non-santa rosa chipsets ...... maybe. it wont work on my friends who has the santa rosa chipset while on mine it worked out of box. maybe different wifi card? not sure. but one thing that gets me is i cant boot off of usb oh god how i would love to boot usb and not livecd but ohwell.

well in case someone wanted to know i got it installed on my hdd triple booting. theres goods tutorials on how to do it on here. basically download and install refit create partition and install on that partition. pretty easy.

for the connect/disconnect thing.. check out my thread. http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...7398#post67398

it should be on the 3rd page.

zero visual : thanks for the heads up but im still getting disconnects. even with doing the install from the other thread. i have the Network controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5418 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01) for my wireless card. but yeah still getting disconnects, so it sucks.

Just burned his ISO

are any of you guys having the mouse problem where it stops randomly and then when you move it again it starts working - this happens continuously. Any fix for that ie. driver/patch?

Quote Originally Posted by nownot View Post
    zero visual : thanks for the heads up but im still getting disconnects. even with doing the install from the other thread. i have the Network controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5418 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01) for my wireless card. but yeah still getting disconnects, so it sucks.
    hmm... I am using the Atheros as well.. try reinstalling BT3 .. then do the new kernal update first then the rest of them. That did it for me when i couldn't get my mac to work.

Quote Originally Posted by magic00 View Post
    are any of you guys having the mouse problem where it stops randomly and then when you move it again it starts working - this happens continuously. Any fix for that ie. driver/patch?
    I have that problem as well.. I just popped in a usb mouse and it works nice. No stumbles, on/off, nothing..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast