Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with aireplay -ng (Packet Injection)

Quote Originally Posted by F4RR4R View Post
    Ah-HAH! That was my mistake. In your blog, your target AP's ESSID is also it's BSSID. I got confused with the terminology. Thanks!

Gotcha. I will try that tonight.

Awesome. As soon as I'm done learning about this type of attack (No idea what it's even called) I'll try out a fragmentation attack (hopefully tonight!) Thanks!
    Edit your posts, do not make three posts in a row in two minutes.

Ah-HAH! That was my mistake. In your blog, your target AP's ESSID is also it's BSSID. I got confused with the terminology. Thanks!

Actually, it's not it's BSSID although the ESSID name sounds almost like a BSSID. A BSSID will always be represented with colons, xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, and will have 12 digits.

No This Attack is for Routers with no clients. It requires a few more settings, but it's great.
    If so, I'll play with it a bit and if I'm successful, I will post a step-by-step on my blog. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    Man, use the fragmentation attack. It works every time for me. I dont care about clients or lack of clients or anything on my AP. I just hose it down with fragmentation!
    Thats a very good point try the fragmentation attack, see aircrack website for useage filters, and a description!

spankdidly sure loves his fragmentation

Just burned his ISO

Woo, I got it to work!

Thank's abitaz - your blog is awesome. The one suggestion (request) I have is: It would be awesome if you would link to sources of further reading (or your sources of information). I'm still unsure of exactly how the aireplay-ng attacks 0, 1 & 3 work (though I have a general idea).

Also, I found that without having a client connected to the AP, the method wouldn't work - but I didn't see that mentioned in your text (or perhaps that wasn't really necessary, I just goofed somehow).

Thanks!

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by abitaz View Post
    Fragmentation will not work if there is no activity at all on the AP. Is that true?
    Yes, I think you are right. As official Aircrack documentation says, "Fragmentation method requires at least one data packet to be received from the access point in order to initiate the attack".

You can see this sentence in http : // aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=fragmentation

Just burned his ISO

Hey guys! I just found your found searching on google. I was wondering if maybe you could provide some insight. I think I have everything running correcly similarly to the person who started this thread.

I have airoplay running (15ish mins) and it's picked up over 17k packets but - ARP and 0 ACKs. Any ideas on why that could be?

Oh, also, it's peroidically giving a message of "Got a deauth/disassoc packet. IS the source MAC associated?"

Not sure if my other reply went to the correct place or not. Anyway, I think i have everything running correctly, but aireplay is showing - ARP and 0 ACKs packets. It's gathered 30k packets and been running for 30 minutes. Also, it's kicking a message "got a deauth/disassoc packet. Is the source MAC associated" message.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12