Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: x-mplayer2

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Hey Crazy8, hows it going ? This isn't a bug at all, just need the right player with the correct codec.

I am a musician and enjoy music while I work on the computer as well. If I am on the road/in a hotel, or what ever, my laptop is my entertainment system be it music, video's, chat, surfing ...ect

Not much difference when I am home. I use computers to record music, watch tv, mp3's, and listen to online radio stations, like the one you posted You might want to check out a nice program called "streamtuner" It is in the repositories.

Just as you, I also like to jam while I am pen-testing my network. I run a few servers just for fun, keeps me out of trouble when I am home

Heck even some of the "BT3 HOW TO" video's have jamming music on them, kinda like they go hand in hand

USB Install
    BT3
    A Solution: (quick and easy)
    1.) I installed mplayer but firefox wasn't configured for it to play the steam you wanted.

2.) I went to firefox website and installed the Add-on called ..."MediaPlayerConnectivity 0.8.3" ... h^^ps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/446

3.) The installed add-on will want to close firefox, close all tabs and a wizard will pop up. Just use all the defaults if you want. It will choose the best installed players on your machine for each media file you may run across on the net that your players support. If you don't like what the script chooses for you, manually change it to what you prefer.

Future Suggestion:
    -=Maybe the next BT they can make a lite version and take out the media and the rest of the candy for those that don't like it there=-

anywayz...

Hope this helps Crazy8, let me know if you got it working.

Peace
    You also can find the solution here.....................

http://circolinux.blogspot.com/2007/...review_26.html

http://www.thelinuxblog.com/slackwar...-3-easy-steps/

Well I do have the player working. To what I understand is it just used for video? Because I need a player to play an audio stream. Anyway When I goto the website to play the music (h^^p://www.93x.com/Article.asp?id=160974) click that big button on the page, I think the player wants to play video and not audio. Anyway when the player is playing I dont hear anything and the buttons on the window that pop up from the sites player dont show. They are replaced by a black window for the player you suggested.

Any ideas?

Thanks so very much for your help.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Vlc doesn't work for any of this? I only use VLC, it's the BEST!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

Default x-mplayer2

Hey Crazy8, I am listening to your station now with mplayer which is an all around player.

Do you see a little black box with an icon that looks like film ? click on that to load the player.

And yes spankdidly I agree, VLC is very good, but for me mplayer seems to be working when VLC is not. I am sure it is just a setting to get it working, I just found this to be easier.

Looks like rokrmc has some good resources, maybe the sites he posted will help.

Does this help Crazy8 ? if not let me know. Also, download the pluggins for the mplayer. It is working like a champ for me and buffers perfect.

Peace

well after a little bit of thought i finally realized something. I remember in my syslinux.cfg file I put in "bt nosound" since I like to boot up without the loud (but very cool sounding) chime. So now that I took that out i can hear my tunes, but I also get the loud boot sound to.
    So with that said and my musical fix being taken care of, is there a way I can take out or mute the boot sound but still be able to play my music?

Thanks for the help guys.

Just burned his ISO

Default x-mplayer2

As far as maplayer goes, I made these screen shots for you to see what I see, but it looks like you got it working.

h^^p://geocities.com/mplayerm/

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    Vlc doesn't work for any of this? I only use VLC, it's the BEST!
    My bandmates own a really good recording studio, they use Cubase aswell as the other editors. For playback and quality, they use nothing BUT VLC. It's a seriously great player and the sound quality is amazing from it. It goes to show when recording studios start using VLC, then I can positively say that VLC is the leading media player.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12