Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: x-mplayer2

Default x-mplayer2

well I dont know that this would be a bug really but thought id mention it. I want to listen to my favorite radio station online and when I goto it (www.93x.com) FireFox gives me an error and says I need applications/x-mplayer2. Im not having much luck finding what I need. So my question is, does anyone know where I could find it?

Perhaps this is something that could be included in the BT3 release.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    well I dont know that this would be a bug really but thought id mention it. I want to listen to my favorite radio station online and when I goto it (www.93x.com) FireFox gives me an error and says I need applications/x-mplayer2. Im not having much luck finding what I need. So my question is, does anyone know where I could find it?

Perhaps this is something that could be included in the BT3 release.
    What does it have to do with Pentesting? Umm, nothing. No reason why it should be included in BT3.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Also it is wrong in the bugs AND fixes section since you have no fix.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

I know that purehate has been wanting to get his streaming Oprah channel working under Bt3, but I doubt the developers are going to devote any time to it.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

I made a new thread within the Feature Request forum regarding this matter. I didn't find it in the feature request forum so I made the post. Never noticed there was a post already talking about it, although I was not stating it was a bug as the plugin is not present...therefor not a bug.

Maybe this thread is in the wrong section?

Oh well guys.. XMMS is included in BackTrack and that's my favorite media player,
    thus (omg) it can play streams from Digitally Imported (radio) @ di.fm (that's a site).
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Developer

wrong section

If you look here you will find more freakin media players than you could ever need

Thanks to that site I got my Oprah streaming in High def.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    wrong section

If you look here you will find more freakin media players than you could ever need

Thanks to that site I got my Oprah streaming in High def.
    Thanks a million Pureh@te, much appreciated link. Now I can watch and listen to News feeds

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    Now I can watch and listen to News feeds
    Aka Oprah...
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up x-mplayer2

Hey Crazy8, hows it going ? This isn't a bug at all, just need the right player with the correct codec.

I am a musician and enjoy music while I work on the computer as well. If I am on the road/in a hotel, or what ever, my laptop is my entertainment system be it music, video's, chat, surfing ...ect

Not much difference when I am home. I use computers to record music, watch tv, mp3's, and listen to online radio stations, like the one you posted You might want to check out a nice program called "streamtuner" It is in the repositories.

Just as you, I also like to jam while I am pen-testing my network. I run a few servers just for fun, keeps me out of trouble when I am home

Heck even some of the "BT3 HOW TO" video's have jamming music on them, kinda like they go hand in hand

USB Install
    BT3
    A Solution: (quick and easy)
    1.) I installed mplayer but firefox wasn't configured for it to play the steam you wanted.

2.) I went to firefox website and installed the Add-on called ..."MediaPlayerConnectivity 0.8.3" ... h^^ps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/446

3.) The installed add-on will want to close firefox, close all tabs and a wizard will pop up. Just use all the defaults if you want. It will choose the best installed players on your machine for each media file you may run across on the net that your players support. If you don't like what the script chooses for you, manually change it to what you prefer.

Future Suggestion:
    -=Maybe the next BT they can make a lite version and take out the media and the rest of the candy for those that don't like it there=-

anywayz...

Hope this helps Crazy8, let me know if you got it working.

Peace

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast