Thread: Schoolboy hacks into city's tram system

Default Schoolboy hacks into city's tram system

Wow, take a look at this. Human stupidity or was this kid just a genius?

www.telegraph.co.uk
    - Poul Wittig

Ya this story has been making the rounds for a few days now, I think it's a bit of both.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

A report by the US Federal Aviation Administration this week raised concerns that a passenger aboard the new Boeing 787 "Dreamliner" aircraft might be able to hack into the aircraft's systems via its internet connection. -- Taken from the article
    Below is from an article which is about 'The Lone Gunmen'; a spin-off series from the X-Files: Taken from http://www.farshores.org/dy21.htm

The X-Files spinoff series, 'The Lone Gunmen,' had its pilot episode concerned with a federally-sanctioned/terrorist plot to fly an airplane by remote-control into the World Trade Center! The pilot was written by Chris Carter, Vince Gilligan, John Shiban and Frank Spotnitz.
    It's obvious, if this 14year old kid can do this at the present day. What would stop the US Government from doing this [with all their resources and knowledge] in 2001?...It's obvious. That link above also states why every media representative never recalls the episode. It is more annoying that the authorities think we 'the public' are this stupid.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    Below is from an article which is about 'The Lone Gunmen'; a spin-off series from the X-Files: Taken from http://www.farshores.org/dy21.htm

It's obvious, if this 14year old kid can do this at the present day. What would stop the US Government from doing this [with all their resources and knowledge] in 2001?...It's obvious. That link above also states why every media representative never recalls the episode. It is more annoying that the authorities think we 'the public' are this stupid.
    I wouldnt' say he was brilliant, I just think he was observant and knows how to 'think out side the box'. The system that was used to control the trams was weak, he just was smart enough to pick up on how they worked and interferred with them.

he wasn't necessarily incredibly smart, but the people that installed the system were dumb.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

This news-ad thing is oooold.. It's atleast a week old to me guys ;D

I am up2date with most of the "bigger" news allmost every day so i
    am sure i know what's going on around the world, also here as well due
    to some old (omg haxxor) team has rised up from nowhere and hacked
    bigger sites again, and the police is of course not doing anything... (gov stuff)
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I wouldnt' say he was brilliant, I just think he was observant and knows how to 'think out side the box'. The system that was used to control the trams was weak, he just was smart enough to pick up on how they worked and interferred with them.

he wasn't necessarily incredibly smart, but the people that installed the system were dumb.
    Agreed streaker69, That and also its Poland lol. I was trying to join both articles about the ability of airliner remote control via the onboard internet connection. Can anyone see the similarities of this technology being applied back in 9/11 and the last paragraph of the article talking about this 14yr old kid?