Thread: Realplayer Plug-in

Default Realplayer Plug-in

As many of us use the web to view, listen and watch news broadcasts to keep up to date with the world I have noticed on a Live DVD of BT|3beta you can't watch News feeds.

They request either Realplayer or Windows Media Player plugins. Our choice is obvious to what plugin we would use. I tried to download the plugin and was hit with a manual download option of an 'x-player' plugin. The download and install failed and I was redirected to Microsoft's website.

Feature Request: RealPlayer/Media Plugin's to watch news feeds.

The website I tried to watch the news was BBC News: New MacBook Air ...pretty nifty new lightweight laptop btw

Edit: MaXe [forum member] said that XMMS is included in BackTrack and that it plays streams from Digitally Imported (radio) @ http://di.fm. Dunno if it works with what I am needing it for, so Im going to test that out when I get back later.

Perhaps you could explain how having or not having realplayer affects pentesting?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Perhaps you could explain how having or not having realplayer affects pentesting?
    It has nothing to do with pentesting. Like most network security guys, I like to watch the news, especially news related to hacking. Also, I prefare to use Back|Track than Windows, so loading up Windows just to watch or listen to the news is a pain in the backside as I only have this laptop and my other computers are kicking up the dust in my cloakroom.

Back|Track is perfect, just missing a few 'non-pentesting' files/plugins such as the x-player2 plugin. Maybe muts could include it in the datastick/USB version as its an 'extra'?