Thread: Web Detective Hacking

Default Web Detective Hacking

This took me some time to write up and as I said before, it is an open document and I would greatly appreciate the help of however has the time. I'm sure if we all pitched in, it would make a great read.

So far it's simple, to the point, and has easy examples for anyone willing to learn the basics.

If you do have anything to add post it here PM Me or email me, KP101ST[at]gmail[dot]com and im sorry for the disgusting upload server, as I mentioned in a previous post, my bandwidth for the month was exceeded -_- and I really don't know where else to put it...

well, let's do it:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DITKIUQH

Even if you don't have anything to add, tell me what you think!

- trev.

Well, I only got one response but its a good one. I will keep the document open and all is welcome, here is a nicer looking paper

http://zombie.el.cx/texts/hacking/pd...ing-update.pdf

Thanks Trevelyn, when i get the time to read it, i sure will.
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Just downloaded, started reading. Gotta get the .flv's to play now, looking for codecs

By the way, where do files end up with wget?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbones View Post
    Just downloaded, started reading. Gotta get the .flv's to play now, looking for codecs

By the way, where do files end up with wget?
    I think they go to yur user's home dir by default....but you can choose where to put them by executing the command from what a folder of your choice. So you can do:

mkdir MyDir
    cd MyDir

and then type your wget command and the files will be downloaded to your MyDir directory =]

And if you want them on your desktop make sure to:
    Code:
    bt ~ # cd Desktop
    first before trying making a new folder.
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

VLC plays *.flv doesnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by merlin051 View Post
    Yes it should.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by merlin051 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Yes it should.
    It does .

Wow, i have found so much stuff this past few days..

I have had two requests so far for testing websites using this methodology. The first was "Veoh" and it was very easy. The fact that they say on their website that you can download there videos but MUST download their video playing software to view them which required either OS X, or Windows - surprised the crap out of me. I went to the site for my friend and watched one video. The video had a big banner across the bottom of the flash player itself that was covering at least %25 of the video with an advertisement! I clicked the "X" button provided but that just made the text disappear; the white banner was still there! That just made me pissed.

so I had to write about it - I mean, this isn't me trying to tell you how to get certain things, it's more like a "teach a man to fish" situation. She also asked that I add a firefox "about:cache" example into the paper, so instead I made it it's own:

http://zombie.el.cx/texts/hacking/pdfs/Veoh-hacking.pdf

I will soon incorporate the two together, I don't want to do an overkill though you know? Also, the document is still "open";odt for suggestions - additions.

yes flv plays nicely with Videolan.

The second request was a bit harder, I found a cool way to code the flash into sections and this one took me by surprise! In the /sources/swfobject.js
    located in the index.html source I found a - commented out - link to a manual:

http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/

this proved useful for the hack and was a great read too. I you are interested in the subjects of the WDH discourse you should definitely check it out.

- Trev.