Thread: Cray XT4

Default Cray XT4

I saw this in my local paper last night, HECToR - new supercomputer up in scotland. So searched it on google when i got to work, I'm sure some of you may find this an interesting read.

I wonder if this beauty could bruteforce WPA in a workable timeframe :P

I just saw this article on another site WOW

33,200 Gig of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by s1lang View Post
    I just saw this article on another site WOW

33,200 Gig of RAM
    LoL... here's a thought... one day our kids are going to laugh at us in disgrace when we recount how big of a deal 32K Gigs of RAM was in our time
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    LoL... here's a thought... one day our kids are going to laugh at us in disgrace when we recount how big of a deal 32K Gigs of RAM was in our time

[Future Kid] Ha ha! 32,000 Gigs of ram! That's sooo old school! My watch has
    5 petabytes of ram! [/Future Kid]
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    [Future Kid] Ha ha! 32,000 Gigs of ram! That's sooo old school! My watch has
    5 petabytes of ram! [/Future Kid]
    Hell, with quantum computing on its way, I doubt the concept of discreet memory will even last another generation. 'Hey man, my watch is as smart as seven hundred MIT Post-Doctoral Astrophysicists, I swear!'
    We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. –Robert Wilensky