Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What did tech support of this company that produced the software say when you asked them this question?
    Still waiting for an answer to this question.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Hi Mugger ---
    i faced the same problem and i solved by Xp Live Cd ... i copied every thing to External HDD ...

oki Search the net for XP LIVE Cd .... by the way i have it but its not allowed here in forum and i respect them .

Portable Operating System | Size : 55 MB | File type: ISO (need to burn on cd)

Windows XP Profesional Live Edition
    Is just like like well known Micorsoft Windows XP Professional. The only difrence is this version can run directly from CD. Just Burn this ISO on cd rom...insert CD in your cd drive.....Restart pc with using cd rom as 1st boot device...and you have done...windows xp will directly run from CD !!! Support of all operational systems from Mcft Win9X/NT/2000/XP and, accordingly, file systems FAT/FAT32/NTFS/CDFS.

Description:
    Microsoft promotes their NTFS format but does not give useful, user friendly tools to deal with it if you have a problem. NTFS is now the common format for new XP systems. It is very good, but is not visible if you boot from a floppy or other emergency CD.
    Well here is a solution for you. This is the XP recovery CD you have been looking for.

What it can do:
    * Recover data from corrupt windows system
    * Will not write to hard drives by default, in case you need to undelete
    * Works with NTFS and FAT formatted drives
    * Recover deleted NTFS & FAT32 files (undelete)
    * Copy files that are damaged (read errors are ignored)
    * Edit the registry of your damaged computer (experts only)
    * Internet Explorer can be used to make remote connections
    * USB drives supported
    * TCP/IP network
    * most SCSI, RAID and SATA supported
    * Dynamic or static IP
    * Defragment drives
    * Scandisk, format and partition drives
    * Restore backups done by Windows backup
    * Backup your system
    * Restore registry from restore points
    * Change any login password without knowing original password
    [Never believe Windows 2000, XP or 2003 can be locked]
    * File sharing
    * FTP server
    * Remove adware, virus and worms
    * Fix master boot record
    * Uninstall windows updates

What it will Not do:

* No Sound
    * No Games
    * No Printing
    * No Wifi support
    * No Installing O/S on hard drive
    * No Playing movies
    * No Java or ActiveX
    * No Installing additional software
    * Not a Replacement for a full installation of XP
    Remember this is only a recovery tool.
    We are not selling Windows, you get that from Microsoft

Everything runs and loads from the CD, it does not ”install”.
    It is slow so be patient. This is not how Windows operates normally. Remember everything is running from the CD.

Just burned his ISO

Talking finaly!:D

Thx to every one who wanted too help me
    the tech support told me to reboot in safe mode but i didnt have the Admin pass but now i have it thx to ophcrack live cd whit alfanumeric tables, take a look at it.
    cant paste the download link to it but search for it on google if you are intrested

so now i can finaly make my f*king xp work again.
    thx again

yeah i could have followd your method Ethical but i am not allowed to do such a thing ...
    but i also downloaded some sort of WinPE build whit a lot of stuff like AV and password finder(it sux).
    Anny one who have Trend Micro OfficeScan client as a AV? cuse if you use a Anti-virus program on a Live cd it will detect the Trend micro as a backdoor:S

much love to all who helped me and gave me hints

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Mugger View Post
    Thx to every one who wanted too help me
    the tech support told me to reboot in safe mode but i didnt have the Admin pass but now i have it thx to ophcrack live cd whit alfanumeric tables, take a look at it.
    cant paste the download link to it but search for it on google if you are intrested

so now i can finaly make my f*king xp work again.
    thx again

yeah i could have followd your method Ethical but i am not allowed to do such a thing ...
    but i also downloaded some sort of WinPE build whit a lot of stuff like AV and password finder(it sux).
    Anny one who have Trend Micro OfficeScan client as a AV? cuse if you use a Anti-virus program on a Live cd it will detect the Trend micro as a backdoor:S

much love to all who helped me and gave me hints
    So you installed some third party piece of software and it's somehow XP's fault that it crashed? Sounds like it's that software's fault and not XP's.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    So you installed some third party piece of software and it's somehow XP's fault that it crashed? Sounds like it's that software's fault and not XP's.
    Yeah, i got it from a crack site, but uh, I think it might have had a virus. lawl.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

hahah yeah you are totaly right there streaker69, my bad.
    The antivirus was on the computer when we got it from the school

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12