Thread: Ability to view attached images?

Just burned his ISO

Default Ability to view attached images?

I apparently don't have the ability to view attached images. I read the stickies at the top to see if this is some sort of activation problem, but didn't see anything there or in my profile that's causing it.

Any ideas mods?

n

Developer

You will have to be more specific. Please give a example of a attachment you are trying to view.

Has anyone actually attached an image on these forums??
    I thought people linked the stuff remotely to make these forums more safe.
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Just burned his ISO

Examples would include anywhere someone has uploaded an image to the forum, rather than linking to an offsite image.

E.g.:
    hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7130&p=30872
    hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7130&p=52621

Hmmm, now this is weird. Since making my earlier post the restriction has been lifted. I no longer see the "you do not have access to this resource" message and instead the images load. Perhaps there is some quirkiness to the anti-spammer code? I was unable to view the images before my 2nd post.

Oh well, it works now. Just an FYI to anyone out there that runs into it.

Seriously, you guys need to know how a forum like this works.
    On most forum's, all attachments made, will allways HAVE to be
    validated and accepted, to be made able for anyone except mods
    and administrators to see.

People that have just registered, or aren't accepted as real members
    yet will also have problems viewing any kind of attachments.
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by MaXe Legend View Post
    Seriously, you guys need to know how a forum like this works.
    On most forum's, all attachments made, will allways HAVE to be
    validated and accepted, to be made able for anyone except mods
    and administrators to see.

People that have just registered, or aren't accepted as real members
    yet will also have problems viewing any kind of attachments.
    My god man, what's next? You're going to be expecting newbs to actually search before posting a new thread or something.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Newbs are too afraid of even signing up on my forum. (most of them are, and it's true.
    It took me atleast allmost a day to convince a noob he wouldn't get infected.......)

But okay, there's a lot difference in open forums, and closed forums