Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tutorial on using downloaded WPA_PSK rainbow tables with airolib

just in case anyone was looking, the tracker for the 33GB set is back up

Just burned his ISO

One question: If you import another ESSID from a file and you run airolib <databasename> --batch will it go through from scratch precalulating the PMKs for that SSID from the passwords already imported or can it somehow trade off some time calculating the new PMKs based on the PMK results of the first?

I couldn't be bothered to download the 33G database as I got an ETA of around 22 Days, so I just downloaded the password list which took seconds, available on their site also, created a file with my wireless networks ESSID in it, imported my ESSID into the airoilib db

Then I imported the password list and then ran the batch, and it took 2 hours to compute all 1 million PMKs against my networks ESSID, then I ran aircrack against my network, however a quick grep of the password list would tell me that my password for my network ain't in there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVinMeister View Post
    One question: If you import another ESSID from a file and you run airolib <databasename> --batch will it go through from scratch precalulating the PMKs for that SSID from the passwords already imported or can it somehow trade off some time calculating the new PMKs based on the PMK results of the first?
    Yes it will have to compute the whole dictionary against the new ESSID from scratch, which in your case should take another two hours.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by sWiTcH View Post
    There are 1000 of the the top ESSID'S from Wigle hashed with a MILLION of the most common passwords and dictionary words.

I setup 5 Wireless AP'S at my house with WPA, and WPA2 configurations. I set 3 of them with some passwords I would have thought to be common, and the other 2 with tougher passwords.

The first three AP'S took me less than 4 seconds (each) to penetrate. The last 2 took the same amount of time, but one of the harder passwords didnt make it through.

The passwords that are in the Million password list, are all mixed between the minimum and maximun WPA length.

So, if you have a 2WIRE broadcast, you should be in luck.

Once the files were decompressed with 7zip SDK (in windows), I formatted an external drive with Partition Magic. The reason I used Partition Magic was because windows wouldnt let me format a 120GB HD to FAT32.

After formatting the HD to FAT32, I unzipped the .tar onto that drive, and because each file is under the max FAT32 file size, it worked out great.

Then I just copied them into my root folder in BT3, and followed bruckout22's directions.

After all is said and done, the 33GB file unzipped to close to 40GB.

The best place to get it is to download the torrent link from the projects in thechurchofwifi.
    If you don't want an old crappy FS on your network, another option is to just mount your NTFS shares to read the tables, just make sure you've got a bit of space to write your database.

Code:
    smbmount \\\\winhost\\tablesdir /home/me/myrainbowtables -o user=username

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duck- View Post
    If you don't want an old crappy FS on your network, another option is to just mount your NTFS shares to read the tables, just make sure you've got a bit of space to write your database.

Code:
    smbmount \\\\winhost\\tablesdir /home/me/myrainbowtables -o user=username
    Do you really think the OP has been waiting for over a year on this answer?
    Actually almost two years.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234