Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial on using downloaded WPA_PSK rainbow tables with airolib

You can use those files to run a checksum to check the integrity of the files, just google "how to check md5sum"

And you'll find alot more info than i can provide

Just burned his ISO

I have ordered the 33gig tables on 9 dvds how do i use it to crack captured wpa files.
    I DON'T KNOW MUCH! Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by cammpopp View Post
    I have ordered the 33gig tables on 9 dvds how do i use it to crack captured wpa files.
    I DON'T KNOW MUCH! Thanks in advance.
    Might have been an idea to have done that the other way round.

Research first
    Purchase second

Just some advice for the future, seeing as you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by cammpopp View Post
    I DON'T KNOW MUCH!

Developer

I always download anything thats over 10 gigs that sound ub3rl33t like wpa rainbows tables even if I have no clue what its for or how to use it

Guess what pureh8te? me too :P
    I agree that if you see something that seems cool on the street and you don't know what it is but you think it's cool anyway.. why not pick it up it? What'd be worse than walking past it and later on going..'damn - I should have picked that up! - that was a time transportation device!!!'

..total nightmare!

lol

Just burned his ISO

you are so nasty and dastard

THX 4 the tutorial even when did not try it yet.

Just for the record, if you are having troubles with 7zip SDK in Windows, make sure you specify the output file as "wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman.tar".

So the last input in the command should look like:

C:\LZMA457>lzma d c:\"file containing tar.lzma"\wpa_tables.tar.lzma c:\"file containing tar.lzma\wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman.tar
    d0n't ev3r F1nd 0ut, Th@t Y0u D0n't Kn0w H0w T0 F1ght....

Quote Originally Posted by bruckout22 View Post
    This is my first tutorial I have searched google for a week and finally got everything working and here it is.

First I obtained the 33gig rainbow table from renderlab.net/projects/WPA-tables
    A 7 gig table is also available but i opted for larger table took me 4 days.

Please keep in mind while doing all this decompression this is a 33 gig file so you need alot of space so I hope you are working with a 250gig hard drive like i am.

When file is downloaded you get wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman.tar.lzma first you have to extract the .lzma portion first i used 7zip sdk version on windows.
    After downloading 7zip lzma version i put in C:/ root directory then pull up a
    dos prompt cd point it to your 7zip lzma folder.

llzma.exe d "folder of the wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman.tar.lzma file"
    ]

after file has been decompressed you will be let with
    wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman.tar]

Now you have to decompress the .tar you can do this on you linux box but i did mine on my windows box with peazip.

I opened peazip and extracted the .tar and the end of the extraction you will have 9 folders these folders contain the pre-compiled Hashes.

That was the hard part now all you have to do is know what essid you are looking for I assume you are Auditing your OWN NETWORK because if you are not it is ILLEGAL jail time is at end of road.

now all you have to do is look in each folder you will find a file.txt it list the essid's associated for that folder.

so:first

airolib-ng "(testdb) <-- Database to be created" init

airolib-ng testdb import cowpatty " the essid file in the folder you want"

ex: airolib-ng testdb import cowpatty /mnt/sdb1/psk/ae-0/linksys

you will then get reading and writing to DB

now do a

airolib-ng testdb stats

you should see you Essid of choice and computed 100%

Send me a message if you need any help.
    so what size is your database now? & what does it consist of? how many essids & roughly how many passwords? if it's decent, care to share with the forum via rapidshare or something? I was willing to do this a while back but I dont have the capacity or good h/w to be able to do so...

There are 1000 of the the top ESSID'S from Wigle hashed with a MILLION of the most common passwords and dictionary words.

I setup 5 Wireless AP'S at my house with WPA, and WPA2 configurations. I set 3 of them with some passwords I would have thought to be common, and the other 2 with tougher passwords.

The first three AP'S took me less than 4 seconds (each) to penetrate. The last 2 took the same amount of time, but one of the harder passwords didnt make it through.

The passwords that are in the Million password list, are all mixed between the minimum and maximun WPA length.

So, if you have a 2WIRE broadcast, you should be in luck.

Once the files were decompressed with 7zip SDK (in windows), I formatted an external drive with Partition Magic. The reason I used Partition Magic was because windows wouldnt let me format a 120GB HD to FAT32.

After formatting the HD to FAT32, I unzipped the .tar onto that drive, and because each file is under the max FAT32 file size, it worked out great.

Then I just copied them into my root folder in BT3, and followed bruckout22's directions.

After all is said and done, the 33GB file unzipped to close to 40GB.

The best place to get it is to download the torrent link from the projects in thechurchofwifi.
    d0n't ev3r F1nd 0ut, Th@t Y0u D0n't Kn0w H0w T0 F1ght....

Quote Originally Posted by bruckout22 View Post
    Alot of text from guide.
    Intresting, a video guide would also be apreciated

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast