Thread: mnt not displaying hard drive

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default mnt not displaying hard drive

Ill start by saying i have almost zero experience with linux.

The primary hard drive on my pc is not displaying in the list (ls) command of mountable drives (mnt) Im currently running windows 7 (64 bit) with an ntfs drive. Could someone please tell me if there are additional steps needed to mnt the drive?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Default Re: mnt not displaying hard drive

"mnt" (/mnt is what Im assuming you're actually talking about) is not a list of mountable drives, its a directory in the filesystem that provides a convenient place for you to mount drives if you so desire.

The "mount" command is what you need to use to display mounted volumes or to actually mount those volumes.

Id suggest you Google for "how to mount volumes linux" and read some of the results. Id also suggest you check out the " If you are new to Back Track or Linux read this thread." sticky in the Beginners forum. You will need to have at least basic Linux skills to use BackTrack effectively...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Also, maybe check out the fdisk command. It'll give you a list of partitions on your hard drive(s) and some general information about them.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    "mnt" (/mnt is what Im assuming you're actually talking about) is not a list of mountable drives, its a directory in the filesystem that provides a convenient place for you to mount drives if you so desire.

The "mount" command is what you need to use to display mounted volumes or to actually mount those volumes.

Id suggest you Google for "how to mount volumes linux" and read some of the results. Id also suggest you check out the " If you are new to Back Track or Linux read this thread." sticky in the Beginners forum. You will need to have at least basic Linux skills to use BackTrack effectively...
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction was able to find the commands i needed. Used the blkid command to get a list of the drives.