Thread: Dell Inspiron 1520

Just burned his ISO

Default Dell Inspiron 1520

My Dell Inspiron 1520 perfectly with the BT3 beta. It has an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz, 2GB of RAM, native resoltion of 1440x900 and it works perfectly, and is adjusted automatically. The "Dell Wireless WLAN 1390 Mini-Card" which is build in uses a broadcom chipset with bcm34xx drivers. BT3's patched drivers work great and I have injected into my router with WEP 64-bit and 128-bit, along with WPA and WPA2, successfully injecting IVs and also capturing the handshake.

Just burned his ISO

I also have a 1520, only difference is my video card, everything still works great.

setas

Default asd

same laptop, boots live cd normaly, i was able to hack/crack several access points, but i was in a territory of strong signal with many clients connected in that range. timeouts during hack was between 10 and 2o minutes. wep key 64-bit. IV's per second max - 127. broadcom card
    how ever i still don't understand the point of injecting. when i start airreplay-ng eth1 -9 it does not outputs any note about injection. only 0/30 which means, my card isn't patched for packet injection. any suggestions? ;/

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by setas View Post
    same laptop, boots live cd normaly, i was able to hack/crack several access points, but i was in a territory of strong signal with many clients connected in that range. timeouts during hack was between 10 and 2o minutes. wep key 64-bit. IV's per second max - 127. broadcom card
    how ever i still don't understand the point of injecting. when i start airreplay-ng eth1 -9 it does not outputs any note about injection. only 0/30 which means, my card isn't patched for packet injection. any suggestions? ;/
    Well injecting increases the number of IVs much more quickly than waiting around for them. The -9 or --test option (same thing) only tests that your card is capable of injection. I have not tried the HD install, only the live cd, however, my card works perfectly off the bat, the patched drivers are included with BT3 beta. I forgot to also note that my card will not inject unless I set the -x option to limit the packets per second to about 150 (I have not tried messing with it further, it may be higher). If left without that option, I goes at about 500 pps and then times out. Another note about the -9 option, it tests to also make sure you are within the appropriate range to inject packets, since you must be closer to inject packets than to receive beacons or even just read packets going through the network. If successful, the -9 option should read something like "Injection is working!" if I recall correctly. More info on aireplay-ng can be found at aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=aireplay-ng and more specifically on the injection test at aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=injection_test. The aircrack-ng website (aircrack-ng.org) has some very good tutorials on cracking WEP passwords with a excellent explanations as well.

Just burned his ISO

Same here except a little juicier :P

2.2ghz Core2Duo
    4gig Ram
    160Gig HD
    8600M GT 256mb Dedicated (more shared)

However wasn't so lucky with the wifi card 4965AGN here... Won't inject, barely connects, however I bought an ALFA... So i'm happy!

Just burned his ISO

i have the same inspiron 1520
    core2
    1.5 gb ram
    broadcom wifi
    intel vga

everything works fine but compiz...

you guys got compiz working??? can you post your xorg.conf please!

i've already try all the thing to fix compiz posted here...

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by demente View Post
    i have the same inspiron 1520
    core2
    1.5 gb ram
    broadcom wifi
    intel vga

everything works fine but compiz...

you guys got compiz working??? can you post your xorg.conf please!

i've already try all the thing to fix compiz posted here...
    I haven't ever used compiz before, but I can try to see if it works on my laptop.

Just burned his ISO

Default laptot 1520

Hi!

My config :

Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
    Nvidia 8600GT
    Double Core 2Go
    2go Ram
    250go HD

Good point :
    -Detect all components
    -mount all drive

Bad Point :
    -Compiz don't work,
    -with the Ipw3945 module the laptop freeze,

Resolved the PRO/Wireless 3945ABG compatibility : just download the
    this module is normaly install in the BT3 release, but for me it is not present on my BT3 usb distrib.
    Just dowload the ipwraw module (search ipwraw-ng-2.0.0-20070710.lzm in google) and place it to /bt/modules/

Hf ++