Thread: i hate Internet Explorer...story

Hybrid View

Talking i hate Internet Explorer...story

ok. so yea I dont have the privalage of having the fastest internet connection out there. so i grab my lap top and head over to a friends house. he said i could use his wifi. he has a little faster than i do. i connected whatever, start downloading. i see it is going to take four hours and 57 minutes to download the usb version of bt3. great. im not hangign out with him for that long so i was liek hey man do u mind if i leave it here and come back in liek four hours. well hang out then. ok great. so the thing is downloading. i come back five hours later and guess what we were just talking. and internet explorer had a little pop up box. i look, and the it says internet explorer has timed out. WTF. and i was like 27 minutes from finishing the damn download. restart on firefox. hate fuking internet explorer.
    the command line is inevitable

I guess that just shows you, FireFox is the way to go

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyPoo View Post
    ok. so yea I dont have the privalage of having the fastest internet connection out there. so i grab my lap top and head over to a friends house. he said i could use his wifi. he has a little faster than i do. i connected whatever, start downloading. i see it is going to take four hours and 57 minutes to download the usb version of bt3. great. im not hangign out with him for that long so i was liek hey man do u mind if i leave it here and come back in liek four hours. well hang out then. ok great. so the thing is downloading. i come back five hours later and guess what we were just talking. and internet explorer had a little pop up box. i look, and the it says internet explorer has timed out. WTF. and i was like 27 minutes from finishing the damn download. restart on firefox. hate fuking internet explorer.
    Oh yeah, because Firefox or any other browser would never time out. /sarcasm

The fault lies with your internet connection not with the browser.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Code:
    curl -O ftp://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/backtrack/bt3b141207.iso

Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

If you use a bittorent client, you wont have these problems

But on each case, Firefox is better than Internet Explorer I think.

FireFox IS more secure in my oppinion. Why? Cause you will get notified
    usually within way shorter time than Internot Exploder if there's an update
    which may contain security updates. Of course, i wouldn't know for how long
    some of these exploits have been out, but when they find out they are usually
    quite fast, like within 24-48 hours in a few cases when it came out on milw0rm.

That's what i like about FireFox, also that FireFox had tabs for a way longer time,
    than IE had actually. Thus i just like how FireFox works, cause it makes my time
    using the internet a lot more fun hehe..
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by MaXe Legend View Post
    FireFox IS more secure in my oppinion. Why? Cause you will get notified
    usually within way shorter time than Internot Exploder if there's an update
    which may contain security updates.
    It is definitely lighter weight, but not invincible...
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze