Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will US join German and UK Hacking Laws?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii67 View Post
    Germany and its laws suck...........somebody give me a job in the U.S., and I'll be there..................
    Hey, we have 3 computer tech positions available. Right now, we need Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, though you don't need all three. We'll (actually they'll, mine is one of them) train the other two. You'll need to be able to handle extreme cold and long periods of dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    If UK go the whole hog, you can be sure US will follow soon after...........

UK & US have been joined at the "political hip" for some years now.......

(That reminds me.......must go check the price of oil )
    Yea, but at least at the moment we can still own guns.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

We're looking for someone. What are your qualifications?
    Streaker69, what a kind of business is this? I can PM you a short resume if you want.

Hey, we have 3 computer tech positions available. Right now, we need Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, though you don't need all three. We'll (actually they'll, mine is one of them) train the other two. You'll need to be able to handle extreme cold and long periods of dark.
    Hmmm.......are you based in Alaska?? Brrrrrr.........125 miles south of the Arctic Circle sounds chilly........
    Don't eat yellow snow :rolleyes:

Been in the States for 2 years, well Detroit wasn't the best place to be but well, it was still a really great experience.

Gotta read up on the laws in Germany again but well I am not sure if they will keep em like they are for long.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

It will get passed... kind of inevitable really. Everything to make this country a nanny state (UK) is being done at the moment. You are notallowed to choose to do something any more.

I don't see why we need another law. You hack someones AP, get caught, go to prison. What's the problem with that? They gonna send me down as I use BT2 as my main OS?

F*** that, I'll have a 1 man riot in the streets...

Does this strike anybody as "Big Brother" coming on?

But whether they do or dont bring in these laws, how could they enforce them? Surely people would just download from oversea's servers, via proxy.
    [u]HTML Lesson #43[/u]
    [u]The acceptable use of the <blink> tag[/u]

Schrödinger's cat is <blink>not</blink> dead!

Not sure that doesn't sound like Big Brother since it is ot really data collection.

As I said, the UK only declared these tools illegal if they are used for illegal purposes intendedly. So pentesting is not an illegal activity in the UK and to have the tools for that reason is also not illegal. Gotta look up the source for that and will post it here.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation UK Computer Missuse ammendments

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    As I said, the UK only declared these tools illegal if they are used for illegal purposes intendedly.
    Also tools which are not "sold" in the proper channels, basically makes all and any open source or freely distributed tools or technology illegal. And is a judge or jury going to know the ins and outs of the IT industry or just listen to the Crown Prosecution Service.

A link to the proposed ammendments
    cps.gov.uk/legal/section12/chapter_s.html

A petition against these amendments has been filled with the Prime Ministers Office and can be signed here;

petitions.pm.gov.uk/pentest/

To sign the petition you need to be British citizen or an expatriate, in an overseas territory, a Crown dependency or in the British Armed Forces.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12