Thread: Best language to code GUI in Linux?

Default Best language to code GUI in Linux?

I was learning Python but when it comes to the gui part it becomes difficult to understand so may be some one can through some light.
    :cool:" i had rather be hated for wat i am than to be loved for wat i am not ......":p

Just burned his ISO

i like easygui , it's a python module designed for simple tasks : ferg.org/easygui

penguin_to_bits

I use C++ as my language and wxWidgets as my GUI library. With wxWidgets you can compile your program for Windows, Mac, Linux, among others.

Have you ever heard of Bloodshed Dev-C++? It's an IDE for C++ programming. Well there's a special kind of it called wxDev-C++ that has wxWidgets utilities built into it, it's magnificent for writing cross-platform GUI programs.

(I realise you didn't specifically ask about cross-platform, but platform-specific programming is a waste of time in my opinion if there's a perfectly viable cross-platform solution)

There's great book out at the moment called "Cross-platform programming in C++", if you're interested. I don't know how much it costs but the torrent is available at the Pirate Bay.

Red face mmm

Well im starting all this of "code GUI" working with C language ... i code every part of the interface so sometimes its hard to me make a "good looking" program

But... im learning a lot of things of how really works this ... and C is a powerfull language so i can make interesting applications. Try looking information for GTK ...

Mmm... I believe that Java applications are nice and Netbeans helps a lot but when I need to make a program for Linux I prefer C.

Just burned his ISO

Hi,

i'm very keen on programming but was never able to find a brillient first source to get started on.

I personally cant learn when things are explained to me and then shown to me, but its eaiser for me to understand if things are shown to me and then explained to me.

(hope that makes sence)

I basically learnt everything that way... always making mistakes and then finding out why and how to fix it.

Anyway,
    Is it possible that someone (who may have the same learning disability) may have names of decent books or sources to find a starting guide to learn C++?

MANY thanks!

Default a reference

I found days ago an excellent book for learn how to use gtk+...

Foundations of GTK+ Development
    Author: Andrew Krause
    Apress

Its an excellent book because it becomes very difficult the fact of try to learn reading only the GTK documentation.

Note: The book cover topics for C programmers...

Just burned his ISO

Many thanks Lucky! Its on its way to my collection

thanks

Default mmm

Dont worry bhups , only hope that you can find the book, its very cool and useful!...

Mmm... i was thinkin that maybe could be useful an informative database where we can found a list of the best books for specific programming necessities, maybe can include "the best rated books for the users" and things like that...

I see a post nearly related somewhere in the forums, but actually maybe is a good idea if someone makes the database and we make this more specific...

Its very hard to begin learning something, and its harder to find a good book reference to start (i hate spending time looking for a book that covers my specifics needs ) ...

Would be great if we can have this "database" in a forum like this... i guess...

Just burned his ISO

Excellent idea..

how about a sticky post?

headings:

Book Title & author:
    Book Type(C,C++, JAVA etc.):
    For whom (foundation,intermediate,advance):
    Review (good starting book or reference guide):

If peeps can send an email to a specific account i.e. bookinfo@remote-exploit.org and then the sticky post can only be edited & updated instead of LOADs of replies which make it harder to find good books.

Default i like the idea

im agree with the idea of bhups... only hopes that an admin read this post or maybe could be a good idea create a new specific post for this ...