Thread: Basic Understanding

Just burned his ISO

Default Basic Understanding

I have found that www dot hackthissite dot org is a very good resource to use if you need to fill in some holes in some of your knowledge. They also have web-based missions that are a blast to figure out. looking at the "basic missions" i dont really see any real life application of the skills you learn because no one leaves their websites that vulnerable. Simple javascript injection and finding simple vulnerabilities in webpages sure is fun though. And Im sure what you learn will have some value in the future. they also have more realistic objectives. Those of you with Previous knowledge should be able o knock these out very quickly.

yeah that was fun to complete 2 summers ago .. the missions never seem to get updated though. And what you use there are just basic stuff , if you know the advanced also of course you can apply them on a lot of websites today..

Quote Originally Posted by Bender222 View Post
    [...] looking at the "basic missions" i dont really see any real life application of the skills you learn because no one leaves their websites that vulnerable [...]

Really?

You sure about that?

My personal experience suggests otherwise

I've seen hackthissite and it's not all that great i think.... I got a few real sites
    which actually offers real hacking challenges which == much more fun.. I haven't
    tested them since i allways have so little time and i am allmost allways behind something...

It makes me go nuts actually..
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Just burned his ISO

Can you please show me additional resources?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bender222 View Post
    Can you please show me additional resources?
    Did you try this?

http://de-ice.net/
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

I have done those (very good, waiting for level 2) alot more diffacult then the web based stuff on hackthissite.anything else ?