Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: airodump/WEP cracking help

Just burned his ISO

OK when I enter in aireplay-ng -1 30 -e CHANNELNAME -a MY_MAC_ADDRESS -h AP_ADDRESS eth1...I get this error message:
    The interface MAC (00:1B:77:CD:EB:12) doesn't match the specified MAC (-h).
    ifconfig eth1 hw ether 00:1B:2F:63:9A:AA

I was in Windows when I got my Wireless MAC, but that shouldnt matter. However i will admit at the prompt where you typed airodump-ng -c {channel} -w {network name} {interface} (Wish I could upload an image, but not sure how to in Linux) I don't get what MAC is the MAC Of The Client and whats the AP MAC ADDRESS.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by n3mp0 View Post
    Are you insulting me I'm at school right now, but I think I figured out the problem. Thanks for the help, Ill keep you posted.
    No, no one is insulting you! You came here and asked for help about a program that was neither created nor maintained by the wonderful folks that gave you Backtrack.
    So having said that if you wanted help without the possibility of someone offending you then you are in the wrong place.

Further more to help prevent such confusion with the commands and their associated output next time when you post use the "[code]" tags

BTW as was stated earlier in this thread you had a space where one wasn't needed and this might have been the reason for your confusion.
    Thank you and good night!
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    No, no one is insulting you! You came here and asked for help about a program that was neither created nor maintained by the wonderful folks that gave you Backtrack.

If you didn't notice the smile....I was joking.

Unless I'm very tired b/c it's 2:25 here I think you got it backwards. -a is the AP's MAC and -h is your's. BTW, you might just want to try aireplay-ng -1 30 (or 0, why 30) -e CHANNELNAME eth1, and see if it's your lucky day. It will probably work.

Quote Originally Posted by n3mp0 View Post
    OK when I enter in aireplay-ng -1 30 -e CHANNELNAME -a MY_MAC_ADDRESS -h AP_ADDRESS eth1...I get this error message:
    The interface MAC (00:1B:77:CD:EB:12) doesn't match the specified MAC (-h).
    ifconfig eth1 hw ether 00:1B:2F:63:9A:AA

I was in Windows when I got my Wireless MAC, but that shouldnt matter. However i will admit at the prompt where you typed airodump-ng -c {channel} -w {network name} {interface} (Wish I could upload an image, but not sure how to in Linux) I don't get what MAC is the MAC Of The Client and whats the AP MAC ADDRESS.

-h is your mac address and -a is the target AP address {bssid found with airodump-ng} hope this help's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12