Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xtra Thnx 2 -=Xploitz=-

Talking Xtra Thnx 2 -=Xploitz=-

To all who have helped me here alone the way and put up with me for the last few weeks, you already know how i feel about the thanking thing. As i've thanked you all for all of your help and knowledge, i forgot one VERY important thing to mention:

THANX -=Xploitz=-!!!!!

So many people here, (myself included) have used his vid tut.'s and they've helped so much! ... In all my studies i've NEVER come across something that was THAT E-Z to get and follow! ....I had SO much trouble when i started using Aircrack-ng (on mac), then to later to find out it's not FULLY functional in os x, but then i found "jc-aircrack" which i STILL couldn't get working (at the time) so i installed ubuntu, got AC-ng, followed the EZ-Vid, and i noticed something. ... I wasn't typing the wrong commands, everything was right, but still wasn't getting any data. (I now believe that i may not have known how to properly patch the madwifi-ng drivers). So then i installed BT3, followed the E-Z vid, (again) and this time it worked! BT3 right out the box. I knew right there that bt3 was the right nix for the line of work i'd like to get into.

After being able to properly use AC-ng, i started study more on it, i can now use it quite well to meet my needs. I know that well should all study everything we can about a particular program to make it work right. And i know we can't rely on vids to always help us. But i think that was i VERY NICE bone to throw out. I'm sure that -=Xploitz=- didn't work half as hard as some one who would fully write out a tut. on the exact same thing he did. But the material is already out the on that matter (aircrack's site). But all in all, (in this case) i think -=Xploitz=- just knew how E-Z it could be and he showed it / taught it in a way that everyone could understand, and i think that's great.

Because of -=Xploitz=- vid, i know so much more about how it all works, and more importantly WHY in works. Not because he showed me the lower level of the API, but he helped point me in the right direction, which was at the time all i needed!

So i believe a VERY BIG THANK YOU is in order to -=Xploitz=-
    Also, don't forget about evrynoe else that's takes time away from their life or their studies to PERSONALLY help you with something that they could do in their sleep 5 years ago!

Also: While i was studying AC-ng, (trying to make it work) is when i came across those vids, (from the aircrack site), Which led me here! Which later led me to BT3! ......

Any/All who feel like you've got the help you were looking for form those "E-Z vids" feel free to post a special thank you to -=Xploitz=- for taking the time to simplify something to you. ............and this also goes for ANYTIME one of these guys CLEARLY spend XX amount of time on something for YOU! ... That's right! YOU! .... You didn't even know they did that did you? ... They took time from something to put time into sharing knowledge with YOU! .... something that saved you days,weeks, maybe MONTHS! ...................................i'm done, JUST BE THANKFUL TO THE PPL WHO FEED YOU THIS KIND OF INFO, CAUSE ONE DAY THEY'RE GOING TO STOP, THEN YOU'LL BE FORCED TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO HELP YOU AND BEG THEM FOR IT, OR (EVEN WORSE!) FIND IT YOURSELF! .....

Ok, no, now i'm really done b*tch*ing!

Thnx -=Xploitz=-
    & Thnx all,

-KS

I don't think its possible for my head or ego to swell any more than it is right now!!

I can't believe those old and outdated videos are still helping people today! Thats great!

I have found that when new people are exposed to something they don't fully understand, and they don't get it working they way "it should"..people will become frustrated easily or worse...just give up. Thats who I designed those videos for. The COMPLETE no0b. Knowing what your working with, the mechanics behind, and WHY it works in a specefic way is the only way to truly "master" anything.

And your absolutely right .K.S. I did make those videos for you...And for You people reading this right now. I don't really think that what I showed everyone was really that great, but apparently it has helped several thousands of people (if not more). I see my videos posted on you-tube, others security sites all the time,...and yea...it does make me feel "popular" and makes me feel very appreciated and needed, but that wasn't the purpose of the videos. Its purpose was to "enlighten" and guide people who were frustrated,...cause I saw "those other videos" posted speratically over the web,... that quite honestly...they all just sucked. It was like all they were doing was a "speed competition" on who could crack WEP the fastest. No one taught how to do it though...and I wanted to be known as a "teacher". And I believe I accomplished that...thanks to people like you .K.S. Yes, BT was meant for people with experience with Linux and preferably people with pentesting knowledge, but lets face it....I'd dare to say that 60% of all of our new members had no clue what Linux was or how to use it. Believe it or not, just under a year ago..I was one of these ignorant people.

And your right..I'm not always going to be here...I just came back to stop in to say hi to everyone. Ive been away for a month...and I'm not always going to be around like I use to be. Hell, I could even drop dead before I push the Submit reply button! But...I'm not the only one here who likes to help others and to help the average everyday noob. There are SEVERAL people here more than willing to help out their fellow pentesters. SEVERAL.

Thank you very much for lifting my spirits.K.S. I really needed this after the day I've had today.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Xploitz, you ever heard of the "Butterfly Effect" ?
    Don't misunderstand me, I love your videos and enjoy them very much.
    I have learned a lot from them.
    But I was just speculating over if you have ever thought about
    all the butterfly effect's you've started by creating the video
    WEP No Client cracking?
    I'm not saying it is your responsibility what other people do, but think about
    it. 94,101 views. Lets say 30% of them were planning on doing something
    illegal. And 85% of them succeeded. How many people have been fined
    because they learned how to steal wifi / or are sitting in jail ?
    How many people have lost there Internet subscription (at least) because of
    illegal files being downloaded from there IP ?

I'm just a bit interested on your thoughts towards the fact that
    a lot of people most likely have been using you're contributions to BT and the
    forums to perform illegal activities.

( Sorry for hijacking your thread :b )
    - Poul Wittig

Developer

That goes along the same lines as saying the gun manufactures are guilty of bank robberies and drive by shootings IMHO.

Yeah of course it is :b . But I never said he/she is guilty for
    anything. I just want to here Xploitz'z opinion
    - Poul Wittig

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    That goes along the same lines as saying the gun manufactures are guilty of bank robberies and drive by shootings IMHO.
    But, gun owners are held to be responsible for what happens with their weapons. If I let a firearm lay out, loaded, unlocked and some kid shoots himself with it, or someone else, you can be damned sure that I'm gonna get charged.

Couldn't these videos be construed the same way? Yes, we tell people not to do anything illegal with them, but do you think that stops our average 14 yr old from it?

A 14yr old should be smart enough not to pick up a gun, let alone point it and pull the trigger, but we still read about things like that every month.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Guys, be careful with the gun talk. I know you're making analogies, but it's bound to go down the politics route.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Developer

You are correct Prez.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathray View Post
    Xploitz, you ever heard of the "Butterfly Effect" ?
    Don't misunderstand me, I love your videos and enjoy them very much.
    I have learned a lot from them.
    But I was just speculating over if you have ever thought about
    all the butterfly effect's you've started by creating the video
    WEP No Client cracking?
    I'm not saying it is your responsibility what other people do, but think about
    it. 94,101 views. Lets say 30% of them were planning on doing something
    illegal. And 85% of them succeeded. How many people have been fined
    because they learned how to steal wifi / or are sitting in jail ?
    How many people have lost there Internet subscription (at least) because of
    illegal files being downloaded from there IP ?

I'm just a bit interested on your thoughts towards the fact that
    a lot of people most likely have been using you're contributions to BT and the
    forums to perform illegal activities.

( Sorry for hijacking your thread :b )
    Yes I've heard of the butterfly effect, and seen the movie. I loved it!

My opinion?? Well,...the way I see it is that I'm not the one pulling the trigger. They are. If they want to crack WEP / WPA and do something illegal, thats on them..not me. Couldn't you argue that BT...more specifically muts is liable for what people do with this distro? surely not!

People have a CHOICE. And thats where myself and Remote Exploit are lifted off of any liabilities. I also put a disclaimer in all my videos stating such (For whatever good it does. Its at the end.)

Sure its disappointing knowing that my videos could and are used for mischief, but they can also be used for good. Its a double edged sword. It can cut you or protect you..it depends on how you wield your sword that determines that. Its in human nature, I think, to test the "forbidden". Just look at Adam and ...well never mind thats would be a religious reference, but you understand what I'm saying right?

Do I regret making them. No. I encourage everyone to secure their wireless, cause quite frankly, I grow tired of cracking my clients WEP and Lame WPA passwords all the time.

No more talk of this. Lets stick to the topic please.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    No more talk of this. Lets stick to the topic please.

A special thanks to -=Xploitz=- for keeping a smile on our faces

Life is too short to be taken too seriously
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast