Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: open ports

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wallsballs View Post
    Well i have just seen if port 53 is open with shields up and it says its closed so, i am guessing that because i am scanning my ip and i am on the inside these ports are open to me but not the rest of internet.
    Or so we'll let you believe, MUWAHAHAHAHA.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Well i have just seen if port 53 is open with shields up and it says its closed so, i am guessing that because i am scanning my ip and i am on the inside these ports are open to me but not the rest of internet.
    Then you might want to read up on how Router's work with PAT (Port Address Translation) and NAT (Network Address Translation). The data has to come in somehow.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

But just for now if shields up says that port 53 is shut is it most likely to be?

All i wanted to do was make sure that i had no open ports thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Then you might want to read up on how Router's work with PAT (Port Address Translation) and NAT (Network Address Translation). The data has to come in somehow.
    Streaker, I thought you sent it in telepathically? And Nat and Pat was just a conspiracy?
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Ya Gibson is a security genius and ShieldsUp is VERY trustworthy and up-to-date software, after all it's not like it's from the 1990s

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    Streaker, I thought you sent it in telepathically? And Nat and Pat was just a conspiracy?
    Oh no someone's being telepathetic again
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Well, as you know, NAT is tied in very closely with PAT, as in the PAT from Southern Florida, if you know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Well, as you know, NAT is tied in very closely with PAT, as in the PAT from Southern Florida, if you know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink.
    The nudge nudge and the wink wink did nothing for me, Neither did google. LOL.

The nudge nudge and the wink wink did nothing for me, Neither did google. LOL.
    This Pat........

This Pat........
    AH, I gotcha now. Did he get into a fight with a gaggle of geese?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12