Thread: RT73+Master Mode?

Default RT73+Master Mode?

Hello,

Been a while since I created a thread, I was actually hoping to make it into a tutorial but I have hit a brick wall. I have been Googling all afternoon and even visited the ubuntuforums.
    I am trying to get my Edimax EW7318USg [RT73/rausb0] onto master-mode. I have read on several places that it does NOT support master-mode, then I read on a few other websites that it DOES.

Apparently the only way for me to get Master-mode on my rt73 is to download the new rt2x00 drivers, but my kernel needs to be of a certain version. The reason I do not have the version to give you is because I lost the damn pages and/or specific keywords I was using to search Google with.

So.. these enhanced RT73 drivers found here are apparently what I need in order to put my Edimax dongle into Master-Mode.

What I am asking is, I only have 1 laptop and when it comes to replacing the kernel I get a bit jumpy...Can anyone here verify my story? Can the RT73 be put into Master-Mode for use of MDK3?

Im not asking to be spoonfed, never have as you know Im just asking has anyone accomplished this and is it possible before I start giving myself a headache replacing the kernel?

Just a second view-point is all

Thanks bros

EDIT: Okay, I can use MDK3 easily by using the following command:
    Code:
    $ mdk3 rausb0 -b m
    It works perfectly but it doesn't go into master-mode for all the other projects I wish to do.

You might want to look into airbase-ng

Quote Originally Posted by level View Post
    You might want to look into airbase-ng
    Thanks level, I will do just that

Sorry for the late reply, I guess I forgot I posted this thread lol, or it got lost.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    Thanks level, I will do just that
    Please let us know how it goes. I'm pretty curious myself and am fooling with it. I'm using an rt73 card as well.
    ================================================== ===
    Dr. Walter - Depraved linguist, Benevolent troublemaker extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by drwalter View Post
    Please let us know how it goes. I'm pretty curious myself and am fooling with it. I'm using an rt73 card as well.
    Yeh no sweat doc, thing is though I am currently trying to get my Edimax working correctly under BT3f. Not only that but before I start the airbase project I have to finish the BASE/Snort project I am currently troubleshooting in the BT3_Support thread. I will post back here when I complete the tasks I am currently doing. Until then, may the sauce be with you

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    Yeh no sweat doc, thing is though I am currently trying to get my Edimax working correctly under BT3f. Not only that but before I start the airbase project I have to finish the BASE/Snort project I am currently troubleshooting in the BT3_Support thread. I will post back here when I complete the tasks I am currently doing.
    Yea I've been fooling with airbase but it REALLY doesn't like those rt73 drivers(It worked once.. after that all malformed packets and hirte said it was the drivers i actually have an alfa coming in any day so I can't wait to get it up and running.
    Until then, may the sauce be with you
    and also with you
    Dr. Walter - Depraved linguist, Benevolent troublemaker extraordinaire