Thread: What to do next (updating)

Just burned his ISO

Default What to do next (updating)

having spent the past 2 months trying to install BT2 as a dual boot with win xp i have finally done it. it took only a couple of steps, not the long winded ones on the forum.

right so im up ad running now and got my usb edimax which i believe is the rt73 chipset?

i know there are updates that i have to do and delete and install new drivers and install other thigns but im not sure as to what. can someone please point me in the dirction of what needs to be done in order to be fully up and running...

Developer

Please pay attention to where you are posting. This is obviously not a tutorial. Moving to n00b section.

I would help you but I'm afraid my explanation may be to long winded for you.

Quote Originally Posted by peehead View Post
    having spent the past 2 months trying to install BT2 as a dual boot with win xp i have finally done it. it took only a couple of steps, not the long winded ones on the forum.

right so im up ad running now and got my usb edimax which i believe is the rt73 chipset?

i know there are updates that i have to do and delete and install new drivers and install other thigns but im not sure as to what. can someone please point me in the dirction of what needs to be done in order to be fully up and running...
    Your best general plan of attack would be to identify your hardware components, see if there are any that aren't working correctly and search the wiki / google / slax for the drivers you need (video card, etc).

If yu have an rt73 chipset in your usb, there is plenty of documentation on this forum to write 375 versions of the same manual, so no worries there.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

it was a request for a tutorial. as there is no section for this it was posted in the section which had most relevance. once someone posts a tutorial here one would think of moving it back as then it would be in the right place

i know the hardware i have but i also know there are updates that have been released. which updates do i and should i need to have the best working of BT"

Default rt73 driver

As far as i know the rt73 works "out of the box" with bt2. Read up on configuring cards. Theres plenty of information in the forum!!

have a look here
    hxxp://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php?title=HCL:Wireless#Edimax_EW-7317UG
    and have a look at what the serial monkey guys have done
    hxxp://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Well it is a support forum, but noone will create a specific tutorial for just a minor thing. Either use the search function and find related threads, use the wiki or google.

SBerry gave you some hints.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá