Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 107

Thread: Windows Is By Far The Best OS

  1. #31
    Junior Member bwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    69

    Default

    well i always see some posts saying yeah you have look up things etc..

    for some people surfing the internet for hours to find a solution for their os problem is not an option as they don't have time! why should the average joe need to know more about computers than he already does ?

    and of one the reasons ubuntu is so popular is that they have great support forums . It never took me more than 10 mins to solve an issue on ubuntu.

    having said all this backtrack is not meant for the average joe!

    so each os is the best according to the user's needs.

  2. #32
    Moderator KMDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    True words there bwise.

    And that's also the big problem Ubuntu is causing:

    The average joe thinks he can pop in the BT live cd and "pwn" someone else. And if he doesn't know how, he starts to ask the same basic questions the ubuntuser is used to ask. But in here...


    ... you know how people react kind of allergic to Linux noobs.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

  3. #33
    Jenkem Addict imported_wyze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    PAH! Real Admins don't back up the registry. If something blows up, you blame it on the user installing spyware and then take their machine away for a few days while you re-install everything.
    Ouch... just the other day I was working on a client's website, where he runs a big affiliate marketing deal. I logged in to his affiliate program's admin CP the fetch various links and having several tabs open at one time, one of the damn things was JavaScripted a few tiers down to a Russian Nginx-based malware server

    Needless to say I immediately ripped the RJ45 from my Windows machine, yanked my power plug from my modem, ran a few regmons and found 2 fresh keys on my system that I had to use regdelnull to eliminate.

    It was a pretty nasty browser exploit, ripping Firefox a new (__|0|__) and I was able to decode a .JS file that was part of the culprit (hidden XSS to the Nginx server).

    Today I have to meet with my client to discuss the future of our business agreement, where he's more than likely going to lose his deposit.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

  4. #34
    Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    I logged in to his affiliate program's admin CP the fetch various links and having several tabs open at one time, one of the damn things was JavaScripted a few tiers down to a Russian Nginx-based malware server
    It was for flash games I swear! We sell Viagra, Diet pills, and Hello Kitty. It's not ALL bad.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

  5. #35
    Jenkem Addict imported_wyze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    It was for flash games I swear! We sell Viagra, Diet pills, and Hello Kitty. It's not ALL bad.
    No, it was actually for.....

    DO NOT GO HERE UNLESS YOUR A SADIST---> m a l w a r e - s c a n . c o m

    I couldn't track down the first tier gateway that drove it to me (had way too much affiliate crap open at the time)
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

  6. #36
    Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    No, it was actually for.....

    DO NOT GO HERE UNLESS YOUR A SADIST---> m a l w a r e - s c a n . c o m

    I couldn't track down the first tier gateway that drove it to me (had way too much affiliate crap open at the time)
    I trust your judgement. The Inturwebs is a pretty scary place. I had to take down my smoothwall box, I feel very afraid now, So I just turned off all my machines at home lol.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

  7. #37
    Jenkem Addict imported_wyze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    I trust your judgement. The Inturwebs is a pretty scary place. I had to take down my smoothwall box, I feel very afraid now, So I just turned off all my machines at home lol.
    Yuck... man you need to go down to REPC and get an old beater computer and get it back online
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

  8. #38
    Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Yuck... man you need to go down to REPC and get an old beater computer and get it back online
    Is Smoothwall bad? I like it better than IP-cop. I have the transparent proxy going, but Clamav and Dan's Guardian aren't playing well together so I was going to reimage the bad boy.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

  9. #39
    Jenkem Addict imported_wyze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    Is Smoothwall bad? I like it better than IP-cop. I have the transparent proxy going, but Clamav and Dan's Guardian aren't playing well together so I was going to reimage the bad boy.
    I only had an issue once with IPCop / ClamAV, but a Gig of RAM got it up to speed...
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

  10. #40
    Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    I only had an issue once with IPCop / ClamAV, but a Gig of RAM got it up to speed...
    Ah, This is an Hp P4 with HT and 2gb Ram and 80gb HDD and 2 gigabit nic's. It's overkill for Smoothwall, but the box was laying around and wanted to be used. Plus the lan ran much faster on the "everyday" sites.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •