Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X11 doesnt work after update

If you're going to fdisk or reinstall the OS, do an rm -rf / before.... it's as satisfying as the 2nd time you get initiated to the mile high club
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    If you're going to fdisk or reinstall the OS, do an rm -rf / before.... it's as satisfying as the 2nd time you get initiated to the mile high club
    lol nice, i actually just used gparted to format the partition for reiserfs and reinstalled it from there.

I got similar prblm also after make slap-get --update/upgrade..But i can solve it..After reboot when im type startx i got this error....

Code:
    xauth:  creating new authority file /root/.serverauth.3144
    X: error while loading shared libraries: libpixman-1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: 
    No such file or directory
    xinit:  Server error.
    So i try xorgconfig and still have same error..Then i install

Code:
    slapt-get --install libpixman 
    slapt-get --install pixman
    After install then type startx and it working and also fix my radeon 9250.Before i update bt3 i type glxinfo it show this..........

Code:
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0×4b
    .......Hope this can help..........

i have the same problem after the update. the sad part is that i connect to Internet only via wifi, i guess i need driver for my lan card. is it any other way to install libpixman??

Quote Originally Posted by stasik View Post
    i have the same problem after the update. the sad part is that i connect to Internet only via wifi, i guess i need driver for my lan card. is it any other way to install libpixman??
    You can download from windows save it, then boot to bt3 enter the user & password, then cd /mnt/hda/sdc/sda 'file location' and install from there..

here the link

and you can configure your wifi connection after enter the user & password without enter kde desktop...

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Any error messages ?

well i did that rokmc, but i could not install it. i read in "readm2" that before "make" and "make install" i had to run "autogen.sh" which was giving me the error " command not found". i just reinstall bt, which fixed the problem ))
    thanks

well i did that rokmc, but i could not install it. i read in "readm2" that before "make" and "make install" i had to run "autogen.sh" which was giving me the error " command not found". i just reinstall bt, which fixed the problem ))
    thanks
    You just use this command to install it.....

installpkg libpixman-0.1.6-i486-1sl.tgz

if you read again at my post i'm not reinstall bt3 to fix it..i try to search at google to find out how to solve this problem and i found it somewhere in google..then i boot to bt3, enter the user & password then configure the internet wireless connection and install from there..it fix that problem..so now you reinstall bt3 and make sure you install libpixman and pixman after update/upgrade bt3 then reboot.....

i reinstalled bt3, installed libpixman and pixman first thing. i did update again, and this time another supreize: after startx i get a message: could not start kdeinit. check your installation? any ideas? i can run flux no problem...

i reinstalled bt3, installed libpixman and pixman first thing. i did update again, and this time another supreize: after startx i get a message: could not start kdeinit. check your installation? any ideas? i can run flux no problem...
    You should update first,finish update then install libpixman and pixman that is what i did...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast