Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back|Track 3 Beta startup problems

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Back|Track 3 Beta startup problems

I am new to forums though I have been working with computers since I was 4. I am 28 now so I have a good working knowledge. If this is a duplicate post my apologies as I have searched the forums and not found what I was looking for. Anyway, down to it:

I have downloaded BT3 Beta and cannot get it to load on my laptop. I have an old Gateway 600ygr I have brought back from the dead to tinker with. I have burned the ISO twice and they work on my desktop and one of my friends desktops. MD5 checks out on the downloaded ISO image and I have used two different programs to burn the images thinking there might be a problem with the software used to do the job.

When I boot up the Live CD it hangs on UDEV trigger event. Sometimes it will allow me to ctrl-c past this but even then it hangs on the sysklog line.

I have this laptop setup as a dual boot system with WinXP and Back|Track 2 Final and it works fine with both OS's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Have you tried any Cheatcodes from the wiki?
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

No I have not but thanks for the info. I am heading to wiki now.

Just burned his ISO

I tried the cheatcodes and BT3 still hangs in the same places.

Developer

Stop spaming this thread or I will treat you as I would a spambot that has infected my PC.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

boot bt in debug mode

when in the cool boot menu

highlight one option hit tab

insert 'debug' without quotes in the line and hit enter

at each important step you will be thrown to a shell and will be able to do some basic ops
    hit CTRL+D to continue to next step

hope helps
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

I'll try debug hadn't done that yet. Will let you know if it works, thanks. No need to be rude pureh@te within the last few hours I have posted my first 4 forum posts ever and thought I had hit the wrong button because the post your so quick to say was spammed didn't show up right away like I thought it would.

Otherwise, appreciate the help guys.

Just burned his ISO

Couldn't get debug to work either. Does anyone know if BT3 has different hardware requirements than BT2 as the latter boots up perfectly on my laptop?

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

Quote Originally Posted by grankin01 View Post
    I'll try debug hadn't done that yet. Will let you know if it works, thanks. No need to be rude pureh@te within the last few hours I have posted my first 4 forum posts ever and thought I had hit the wrong button because the post your so quick to say was spammed didn't show up right away like I thought it would.

Otherwise, appreciate the help guys.

NO IT WOULDN'T ...; if you had read the rules you have accepted in signing here... you had see that your post are moderated and need to be aprouved by a mod......

that's the rules for new members ....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post

NO IT WOULDN'T ...; if you had read the rules you have accepted in signing here... you had see that your post are moderated and need to be aprouved by a mod......

that's the rules for new members ....
    Aka Boom Headshot by Shaman!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast