Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cracking wpa-psk with live cd?

Just burned his ISO

Default cracking wpa-psk with live cd?

im just wondering if it was possible to crack wpa-psk just using the live cd of bt2?

Nope. You need a password list, preferably with precomputed hash values
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Nope. You need a password list, preferably with precomputed hash values
    Or a really long time.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Or a really long time.
    LoL... thanx Barry... that makes 4 for me now

(going to have to start carving notches on my computer)
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Wink

yes you can do it with a live cd.. only prob is that every time you update your dictionary lists you need to burn a new cd... if you want me to show you how then post back...(just incase nobdy is reading this now) and ill post the how 2 for ya

Developer

This is a matter of opinion but this is what I do with a usb and a hard drive install. Instead of taking up all that space I got a pocket size toshiba 160 gig hard drive from compusa and placed my rainbow tables on it all my word lists and some tables I generated. All that only took 110 gigs and I got 50 left. Now any where I go as long as I have a usb alfa, bt3 usb, and portable usb harddrive I have every thing I need. The whole set up fits in my pocket.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    This is a matter of opinion but this is what I do with a usb and a hard drive install. Instead of taking up all that space I got a pocket size toshiba 160 gig hard drive from compusa and placed my rainbow tables on it all my word lists and some tables I generated. All that only took 110 gigs and I got 50 left. Now any where I go as long as I have a usb alfa, bt3 usb, and portable usb harddrive I have every thing I need. The whole set up fits in my pocket.
    You must got a giant pocket. Long live Com-Poosa!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Developer

Comp-USA in my town is going out of business and they are selling stuff for absurd prices so I've got all kinds of new stuff. To bad they don't sell the pico chip

ive just spent the last 2 weeks trying to figure out the same thing for myself.. and after 14 duff cd's i finally got it to work.. rather chuffed with myself i may add... only reason i do it this way is because my linux knowledge is rather poor and when i installed bt2 to my hdd i now cant patch my drivers for injection coz i dont know how.. ipw 3945 abg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast