Thread: Vpn + Ssh

Default Vpn + Ssh

I've been tinkering with trying to SSH into 2 different machines (not at the same time of course) on my LAN, with a smartphone connected through a VPN set up on my firewall, on an EDGE (sometimes HSDPA) connection.

I see the SYN packets coming through on wireshark on each of the machines... but it ends there, even when I set a long keep alive; almost seems that my phone isn't getting the return packet(s).

So am I right to think that this might be a problem with my wireless carrier's proxy?

(I can SSH into each individual machine without VPN)
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    I've been tinkering with trying to SSH into 2 different machines (not at the same time of course) on my LAN, with a smartphone connected through a VPN set up on my firewall, on an EDGE (sometimes HSDPA) connection.

I see the SYN packets coming through on wireshark on each of the machines... but it ends there, even when I set a long keep alive; almost seems that my phone isn't getting the return packet(s).

So am I right to think that this might be a problem with my wireless carrier's proxy?

(I can SSH into each individual machine without VPN)
    Indeed it was ... Security policy on my wireless ISP's side;

(Mods: Status is 'SOLVED', even though it technically remains unresolved)

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Swc666, Do you always talk to yourself mate? Haha! You could start your own lil forum, and you could be the only member!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    Swc666, Do you always talk to yourself mate? Haha! You could start your own lil forum, and you could be the only member!
    LoL..... it's the voices in my head...ph33r!