Thread: Web VNC Issue

Just burned his ISO

Post Web VNC Issue

I am running a vmware image of backtrack as a part of a hacker lab, and am having trouble getting web vnc to function properly. Here's the facts:

1. Connecting to it with a normal VNC client works fine.

2. From a cold boot I cannot connect to the web vnc service (580x)

3. If I stop / start the vnc process via the menus it works fine.

Any thoughts on this? It's bt2 pretty much out of the box. Is there a fix or perhaps a misconfiguration? Is there a way to automate restarting the service after it loads? Thanks!

Sam

Are you using the included remote display with vmware or a third party server?
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Did you check if the service is running and listening on 580x after yoru cold boot?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Hmm, it looks like I may have been mistaken. I just did a coldboot and did a netstat -a and neither 580x or 590x were listening. So that means that the service is just not configured to boot on startup right? How would I change that?

Also, I am using the built in VNC.