Thread: Need advice on to buy Netgear WG511 pcmcia

Just burned his ISO

Default Need advice on to buy Netgear WG511 pcmcia

Hi everyone
    Im looking to buy Netgear WG511 pcmcia card but it looks that there is few versions of it.
    Which one does inject?
    I found those on ebay:
    hxxp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NETGEAR-WG511-54Mbps-2-4GHZ-WIRELESS-CARD_W0QQitemZ280188024497QQihZ018QQcategoryZ45000 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    and
    hxxp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NETGEAR-WG511T-802-11g-108Mbps-Laptop-PCMCIA-Wifi-Card_W0QQitemZ300186550286QQihZ020QQcategoryZ74954 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

can someone advice
    Thanx

Get the wg511t

Just burned his ISO

Hi, i just did. I have a senao net el cd+ prism 2 card but it does packet injection slow, about 6 hours to get enough data to crack 128 wep. Will do external antenna connector mod on netgear. Thanx

I have the USB version of Netgear's WiFi adapters ^^
    (the WG111v2 and yes it works fine thus you can upgrade drivers if it is)
    It has the RTL8187 chipset which is just fine
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Just burned his ISO

Today i rceived my card. The FCC ID is: PY3WG511TV1H3.
    If i understood corectly it has atheros 5212 chipset.
    The problem is that the card is not working at all. When i try to load BT2 or BT3 the laptop (packard Bell easy note h5315) freezes and stops booting. When i pull out the card it continues to boot. When booted same thing happens, it freezes when the card is in cant even move mouse. when i type in iwconfig it freezes completely and needs to shut down by prssing power button. Any help would be apreciated.
    Thanx

Just burned his ISO

Just checked, whax is also not working. The lighst on wifi start blinking one by one and then both together.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

does it work in windows?
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

Yes it does work under windows