Thread: metasploit db_create error

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb metasploit db_create error

i have a problem with metasploit run on ubunu 8.04 when i use db_create it's shows error says FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"

i don't understand what this mean?

thank you for your help.

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

This isn't the ubuntu forums, or the metasploit forums, and if you can't figure out what it (the error message) means you should DEFINITELY not be using these tools. You are not a hacker, you are not cool and you are not a unique and beautiful snowflake.

Now where is my Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon...
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    This isn't the ubuntu forums, or the metasploit forums, and if you can't figure out what it means you should DEFINITELY not be using these tools. You are not a hacker, you are not cool and you are not a unique and beautiful snowflake.

Now where is my Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon...
    hahahaahahaha

u don't know what this error mean either

any way i have found the solution, before start using the framework postgres requires edits to pg_hba.conf. Replace the default "ident" method with "trust"

Junior Member imported_freedom56's Avatar

"coldzero" is that an alternative to "zero cool"?

By the way I hate to disagree with you, but Gitsnik most definitely knows what that error means...

Just out of curiosity did you try Google? Or any search for that matter? If that task is too difficult for you to perform prior to posting questions on this forum then let me do it for you:

hxxp://lmgtfy.com/?q=metasploit+db_create+error

see if that helps.
    "One of the main causes for the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs."

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freedom56 View Post
    hxxp://lmgtfy.com/?q=metasploit+db_create+error
    It's not nearly as cool until you can actually post links.

try here
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

hi freedom56

if you only can think of coldzero as alternative to zero cool than i suggest watch less TV and read more books, try amazon it's not so bad

Amazon.com: Cold Zero: Inside the FBI Hostage Rescue by Christopher Whitcomb

and if you don't know, amazon is a book store and don't forget to learn Gitsnik about it

Quote Originally Posted by coldzero View Post
    i have a problem with metasploit run on ubunu 8.04 when i use db_create it's shows error says FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"

i don't understand what this mean?

thank you for your help.
    db_create tried to run something as the user "postgres" which either doesn't exist for which you provided the wrong password.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Junior Member imported_freedom56's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coldzero View Post
    hi freedom56

if you only can think of coldzero as alternative to zero cool than i suggest watch less TV and read more books, try amazon it's not so bad
    Easy buddy, I didn't mean that as insult. I was honestly curious if you got the name from the movie hackers.

Now I was serious about the second half of my message. If you were to google your question, you would have recieved your answer already.

@ archangel.amael

I agree. It looses some of it's wow factor they way I did it.
    "One of the main causes for the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs."

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    db_create tried to run something as the user "postgres" which either doesn't exist for which you provided the wrong password.
    You are absolutely right, i have create a user name "postgres" before and yet the message show up,
    now i just use sqlite3 and it works fine.
    Thank you for your help.