Thread: I got a New PDA

Default I got a New PDA

I remember reading about a handheld version of backtrack possibility and i am very new to linux and even newer to PDA's

How can i shift from the preinstalled windows mobile 2003 to a linux distro? if it is only by SD card then my options are quite limited as i will be utilising the following wireless card

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=132725

The device in question is an ACER n30 Pocket-PC.

As it has no navigational wheel i was wondering if that would make it a nightmare for pocket distro's

Any advice and or pointers are much appreciated.

I know this is not a linux distro selection forum but i would like to running a handheld pentesting suite - mainly as it has no ethernet access it would have to connected via wireless - hence the card choice [ its the only one i could find that was b/g compatable]

Quote Originally Posted by mummysboy View Post
    I remember reading about a handheld version of backtrack possibility and i am very new to linux and even newer to PDA's

How can i shift from the preinstalled windows mobile 2003 to a linux distro? if it is only by SD card then my options are quite limited as i will be utilising the following wireless card

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=132725

The device in question is an ACER n30 Pocket-PC.

As it has no navigational wheel i was wondering if that would make it a nightmare for pocket distro's

Any advice and or pointers are much appreciated.

I know this is not a linux distro selection forum but i would like to running a handheld pentesting suite - mainly as it has no ethernet access it would have to connected via wireless - hence the card choice [ its the only one i could find that was b/g compatable]
    You won't be able to put B|T on it, however you can put Familiar Linux on it and port apps or use ported apps that is in the B|T arsenal to it.

This link will get you started
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

Hate to chime in, but is there anything that would run BT fully functional for under $500?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by ironclaw View Post
    Hate to chime in, but is there anything that would run BT fully functional for under $500?
    Yes there is! Check out the Asus EEE thread on this forum

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

not technically a PDA, but as close as you may get.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!