bt ~ # start-kismet-ng
wlan0 Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

Interface Chipset Driver

wifi0 Atheros madwifi-ng
wlan0 iwl3945 - [phy0]
ath0 Atheros madwifi-ng VAP (parent: wifi0) (VAP cannot be pu t in monitor mode)

kdeui (KRootPixmap): WARNING: [virtual bool KSharedPixmap::x11Event(XEvent*)] il legal selection notify event.
kdeui (KRootPixmap): WARNING: [krootpixmap.cpp:293] loading of desktop backgroun d failed.

Wtf is with this I've got a ubiquity src card, I click on kismet it opens, I select ath0. Then it disappears. I got the above text by typing start-kismet-ng into a console, I figure that might help provide some clues. I've been running with gutsy for a while so I know a bit about linux but I just don't really understand wtf is gong wrong with this thing. I've considered that perhaps I need to put this thing into monitor mode, but it never seems to work How the heck do I get this card to explicitly stay in monitor mode (could it have something to do with the fact that I'm using my other wireless card at the same time, so that I can keep net connectivity while I muck around with my other card, I've read some things out there that mention certain apps running can interfere with getting this working).

I've tried adding source=madwifi (whatever it exactly was, can't remember I tried two of them, neither worked) to kismet.conf in /usr/local/etc folder. No go.

What the heck am I supposed to do to get this working, I'm using usb key version of bt3beta